Options

Microsoft has gone barking mad...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Vickster69Vickster69 Member Posts: 16
    Do we have any approx date for this next release?
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    ara3n wrote:
    they are bringing back the fbk feature on next release. no need to take down to Microsoft's offices.
    Hi Rashed,

when I understand this correctly, this would mean NAV "8", right? So, we're losing another year with a "challenging" UI/UX and a pants dev environment? Or is the next release something like April 2014? I would have expected to have the .fbk feature back in December 2013. But... Nothing.

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Don't have release dates but I don't understand what you mean by loosing another year.
    Are you waiting on something to upgrade/implement NAV?

You can use NAV 2013 which has the fbk feature and implement on that version.
    I personally have not used company back for while. Most of our clients have huge databases and doing fbk is not feasible. sql backup is what we use.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    ara3n wrote:
    Don't have release dates but I don't understand what you mean by loosing another year.
    Are you waiting on something to upgrade/implement NAV?
    :D Have you looked at actual sales figures lately? No I'm not waiting.
    To put things into perspective: We're currently on NAV5 business logic, and have a not-so easy time justifying an upgrade to 2009R2 business logic. But aside from this: ALL RTC variants as of today are simply not an option, we won't put our users (and ourselves) through this nightmare only to be less effective afterwards.
    What is really getting to me is that virtually ALL GUIs are taking a header into the sewer lately, as if the lunatics have united to bring the whole industry down. What happened to the idea of effective screen usage, consistent and never changing keyboard shortcuts, icon always in the same place (maybe where the user has put it, but that's a bonus) and usable (maybe not WYSIWYG, but fitting the purpose) reports? RTC is one of the poster child examples of how not to design a GUI interface. We have to live with the really long chain of bad decisions that has lead to this UI. And what maddens me is that it was obvious from the beginning that this is the wrong path, but nobody listened, despite considerable effort to voice our opinion on it.
    Ok, I'm going back designing my role center now ](*,)
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Did the Windows development group invade NAV?
    Maybe we will be alternating between good releases and bad releases from now on. 8)
    Windows 9 and NAV 2015 - should be an awesome combination!
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    ara3n wrote:
    You can use NAV 2013 which has the fbk feature and implement on that version.
    It seems that running NAV 2013 with a R2 license is illegal because it is considered as a downgrade, and those licenses are the only ones which are issued now.
    Or does anyone have some other positive information regarding this blog post?
    http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/admin/arc ... enses.aspx
    Kai Kowalewski