MaintainSIFTIndex in NAV 2013

johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
edited 2014-03-29 in NAV Three Tier
Dear all,

When I searched about performance tuning in NAV 2013. I got this link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoSOB3QTIDs‎.
This video give us advices to tune performance in NAV 2013.
I wanna know your comment about disable all MaintainSIFTIndex because NAV 2013 does not need it anymore.. Whether disable all MaintainSIFTIndex will affect Business Process or NAV data?
If MaintainSIFTIndex is not necessary for NAV 2013, I wonder why the default value of this property is Yes.
Any comment? Thank you..
Best regards,

Johanna

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Every db has different data usage so the sift usage will be different. The link video mentions that you need to view the usage and then make decision based on that. Disabling all of them blinding will have negative performance effect.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    Dear ara3n,

Thank you for your comments :D
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    ara3n wrote:
    Every db has different data usage so the sift usage will be different. The link video mentions that you need to view the usage and then make decision based on that. Disabling all of them blinding will have negative performance effect.
    Hi Rashed,
    As I was wondering about this issue too I came across this post and your reply to it. However your reply seems very generic and not addressing Johann's request which is about NAV 2013 in specific.
    Does your reply also apply to NAV 2013?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Yes. It applies to all versions of NAV. It has not changed.
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Thanx, Mark.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community