Options

Different Tax Purchase accounts while Purchase Invoicing

chrispaulchrispaul Member Posts: 174
edited 2013-12-12 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All

I am using Indian Version of NAv 2013. While calculating VAT for diff regions I am using Structures using Tax Area Codes and Tax Group code.

My issue is that I wish to hit diff GL Tax accounts incase Tax % is different such as diff GL for 5% Diff GL for 12 % while doing Purchase Invoicing.

Bur Since Tax Purchase account is defined state wise once so how can we do this.

Comments

• Options
    jaymesh+shahjaymesh+shah Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

It is not possible.
    As far as I am concerned you can make one Tax Report for Diff Tax % i.e: 5 % ; 12% etc...
  • Options
    RCerratoRCerrato Member Posts: 8
    Hi Chrispaul,

yo have to work with three variables: Tax Area, Tax Group and Tax Jurisdiction.

You should setup as many Tax Area as combination of Jurisdictions you need to apply. Obviously, not all of the taxes will be caculated always, it will depend on how you setup the Tax Detail for the Combination,

I.E.

If you create a purchase invoice and you select an area in the header (this Area will be copied to the lines). In the purchase line you should be able to fill the Tax Group Code (is a must to show it in the lines). Then, with the combination of Tax Area and Tax Group, nav will be able to know which Tax details shoud apply because you've setup them.

In a brief, you should setup as many jurisditions as taxes you want to apply and group them within Tax Areas. For instance: Tax Area: Regional Customer, with the tax area lines: IVA0,IVA16 and so on. And in the detail, determine which tax group codes will use which tax detail.

Let me know if you don't understand all of this, it take a short time to understand how the USA taxes work ;)

Kind Regards,