Options

Prevent CUEs from being shown in the Navigation Pane

MDIMDI Member Posts: 11
edited 2013-10-04 in NAV Three Tier
Hi!
Does anybody know how to prevent Cues in the Role Center from being shown in the navigation pane?
We want to Keep the Navigation Area simple and do not Need all the entries.
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    You can go to Role center Page and remove Page Activites.
    ex: SO Processor Activities page line from Page 9006-Order Processor Role Center
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply.
    But you can't see the entries generated by CUEs in the config-mode.
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    So you want to see them in Config Mode only?

You can try removing the Activities from Customizing Role Center page in config mode and you can them when you need them..
  • Options
    Hi,

I can not remove the Navigation pane entries because they can not be seen in "customize Navigation pane". neither n config.mode nor in normal user mode.
    And in case I have, let's say, 30 Cues I have 30 entries in the Navigation area. I do not Need them there but can not deactivate them.
  • Options
    AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    As suggested by Mohana, try to remove the CUE, instead of the Navigation Pane Menu, in Config Mode.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Options
    But I want to see the CUE!
    I just do not want to see the entry in the Navigation Pane.
  • Options
    I'd still love to remove the entries in Navigation pane for CUEs I want to see in RoleCenter.
    Any ideas?
  • Options
    chrisdfchrisdf Member Posts: 82
    Just for your information, I raised this exact issue with "Vincent" (I think - the guy that has now replaced Michael Nielson) at the MIBUSO conference in 2014 who said that they would look at this in the development team. Nothing happened !
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Uhm...what if you suggest the user to not use the HOME menu (yeah, you cannot remove it).
    The cues should all be in the home menu, and if you want some cues to be visible somewhere else, you can add them in the other menu (you'll need to re-apply the filters of the cue item, if possible).
    It's a workaround, but well...i think this is the """"best"""" thing you can do.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    They should stay in the HOME Menu. Customers ask for grouping or masking them since the Navigation area is getting very packed with items.
  • Options
    SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    I recently had the same issue. In my case I had some dynamic cues populated from a table. I don't remember exactly what I did, but the actual cue names came from a table if I remember correctly (I think I used CaptionClass!?). But to come back to your question: These cues did not had an actual caption and showed up in navigation with their names. Then I set the caption to an empty string (or single space). This way the actual cue caption came from captionclass and the caption shown in navigation came from CaptionML.

A bloody workaround and in fact the "empty" actions in navigation are clickable, but invisible. When I added an additional line to navigation, it was sorted before the empty entries.

Probably something you could look at ( I did this in 2015).
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • Options
    SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    Confirmed, CaptionML is set to an empty string and CaptionClass is an expression.

rtpmm1wvefns.png
    You see the light blue line above in the Navigation pane, that is the empty CaptionML.

30sj1b4oy5qn.png
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • Options
    Thank you!
    I'm gonna try this.
  • Options
    QWERT_QWERT_ Member Posts: 13
    SilverX wrote: »
    Confirmed, CaptionML is set to an empty string and CaptionClass is an expression.
    Dispite this being an ugly solution, is it actually pretty clever :smile:
    You can still use FIELDCAPTION(<Field>) in the CaptionClass, in case you don't want to create multiple fields on the table.

• Options
    nuno.silvanuno.silva Member Posts: 29
    Hi,
    I'm on Nav 2017 and my problem is the opposite of this, in Nav 2013 R2 the queues appear on Navigation pane and on Nav 2017 they don't, there any setting to get the behavior from 2013 r2 version?
    Thanks in advance,
    NS
    ===============
    Nuno Silva