Options

Qas Qas Qas !!!!!!!!

aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
As in topic "Can't recognize the DLL" or "Could not register a dll" (3.60 forum) it seems to be a problem with the Navision recognition for DLL's.

As far as I know you just can try:
-Standard recognition from Navision (Tools->Custom Controls).
-Using the regsvr32 from WINDOWS/SYSTEM32
-There is also that tool "Dependency Walker" which I understand as of no use for it gives you information about the DLL and so what. You are usually to integrate with packages in the market which won't change their DLL's for you.

Having hassle integrating with DLL's looks as a weak point in Navision :shock: .

Does someone know what else can be tried and why Navision only seems to accept OCX by default?

The errors that gives to me are:
-"Could not register the OLE contol" and it's path
-"(name of DLL) was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered" with regsvr32.

By the way the software I'm trying to integrate is called QAS. Did anyone make the link successfully? :?
Navision Developer

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    "(name of DLL) was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered" means, that the DLL is not SelfRegistering... it means, you cannot use it in Navision without some wrapper library... (you must connect this dll manually, which Navision is not able)...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
    Thank you kine. :)

I'm thinking in a OCX in VB that wrappes the original DLL but I understand that this should be provided by the software house.(Plus it's been ages since I programmed in VB) :?
    Navision Developer