Options

web client

Horse06Horse06 Member Posts: 496
edited 2013-09-14 in NAV Three Tier
I have installed the web server components and can access the RTC from the web browser, but it can only be accessed from the same computer where the web server is installed. The RTC cannot be viewed from the web browser of another computer within the local area network Please advise! Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi,

I think the issue that you have occurred is due to firewall.

1) Try after Turning off on firewall where the Web client is installed.
    2) If it works (It should) Then Turn on the firewall.
    3) Add port 8080 (if you haven't changed the default port for web client) to Allowed Program List in Firewall of Web Client.

I think you will be able to run Web client from any machine after adding port to Allowed program List.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    I turned off the firewall. After I typed the address in the web browser, it popped up the screen for use id and password. After I entered, it said 'You are not authorized to sign in. Verify that you are using valid credentials and that you have been set up as a user in Microsoft Dynamics NAV'. Thank you!
  • Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi,

Great to hear that you can at least see web client from another machine :P

Please clarify -
    a) Is the user you are trying to enter while opening web client is setup as user in RTC Client.
    b) Is that user is able to login to RTC Client from this machine.

Waiting to hear from you.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    Thank you for your response, postsaurav!
    I have installed the three tiers in one computer now and haven't installed the client in another mahchine.
    When I installed the sql server, I have configured it as the server and window mixed mode and set up the password. But when I logged into the SQL managment, I could only login under the window authentification, but not Server authentification. When I tried to using the server authentification, it showed an error: " A connnection was successfullly established with the server, but then an error occureed during the login process (provider: Shared Memory Provide, Error: 0 - No process is on the other end of hte pipe. Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 233,No process is on the end of the pipe." But I have enabled Shared memory, TCP, Named Pipe for the instance.
    When I installed the SQL Server, I named the instance, which is NAV. But when installing the Navision SQL components, it needs the name of instance to be filled on the parameters screesn, which I named as NAVDEMO . For the instance I assigned to the SQL server at the installation, I can login under the server authentification. But the demo database is under NAVDEMO instance. I tried to create a new database TEST under the NAV instance, and restore the data from NAVDEMO instance to the TEST database of NAVDEMO, but failed. I followed the instruction from Microsoft of how to restore the data and I don't know why.
    When I tried to open the NAV developement, I could only login under the window authentification. When I tried to login under the database server using the user name and password I have set up in the SQL server, it showed an error: 18456"28000 Microsoft SQL Server client 10.0 SQL Server Login Failed for user admin.
    When I opened the RTC, it didn't ask for the user name and password. After the RTC is open, I added the user admin . So the whole thing is that I am on the window mode all the time, but not the server.
    Please advise! Thank you very much!
  • Options
    Hi postsaurav. I have figured out my problems and now I can login under the SQL Server authentication. But still have a little problem in access the web page throuh the web broser.
    I have reinstalled eveything today. I have published the page with object id 21 and publish it. When I typed it in the web brower with the follow address:
    http://localhost:8080/DynamicsNAV70/Web ... &mode=View

It showed HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

What is the correct address for the page? Thak you!
  • Options
    I have figured it out and still the web addrsss only works in the local, but not on the local area network. I have set up the user and assigned the super role to the user, and still got the error:
    You are not authorized to sign in. Verify that you are using valid credentials and that you have been set up as a user in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Did you setup all users unders

/Departments/Administration/IT Administration/General-->Users?