"partner function"-like question

sfortinasfortina Member Posts: 7
edited 2001-11-16 in Navision Financials
Hi everybody,

I currently am a navision prospect: my company builds and sells mechanical machines.

I have two questions for you navisioners:

1) How can I handle a commercial triangulation?
That is, very often we sell the machinery to a trader or to a bank, whilst we sell accessories and maintenance directly to the final customer. Is there a way to have a different "invoice to customer" on the sales order, just to keep all the sales for a particular final customer under the same hat.

2) Is navision suitabile for a make-to-order/engineering-to-order production with quite a degree of product customisation?

Many thanks in advance.

bye,
Simone

Comments

• JohnPJohnP Member Posts: 56
    (1) Define the end user and the bank/trader as two separate customers. On each sales order you can define the customer who you are selling to, the customer who you will invoice and the address you are going to ship it to. You can mix these between orders, no problem. So for machinery, sell to end user, bill to bank. For direct sales, sell & bill the end user.

(2) Yes. You can either define the components directly on each production order as required or you can pre-define a skeleton BOM that you copy to the production order and then adapt as appropriate. There is also a configurator addon available that allows you to define rules etc. so that customisation becomes a point and click process which then creates a BOM automatically at the end. Let me know if you need more details on that.

The really nice thing about Navision is that the production order can contain all the components & operations etc. for not just one level of the BOM but ALL levels so if you make to order, one production order can handle everything from the finished item, down through all the subcomponents. And the end of the process, you then have one document with ALL the costs/materials/times etc. that were used in that bit of production.

Navision is ideal for your sort of business. No question.

Cheers,
    John
  • sfortinasfortina Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for your advice!

Can you give me some link/info about the configurator add-on?

Simone
  • JohnPJohnP Member Posts: 56
    I see from the question that you posted in Navision.Net that you are in Italy. Please email me at johnp@vorsprung.co.uk and I will send you the details for the contact in your country directly rather than posting them in this forum.

Cheers,
    John