Options

RDLC Layout

Horse06Horse06 Member Posts: 496
edited 2013-09-06 in NAV Three Tier
I have little problem now in designing the RDLC report in Visual Studio. I need the professional's advice. e.g. Sales order Report. I opened the layout in Visual Web Express, and tried to click the first line, which is printed as Sales Order.
When I clicked the bold <Expre>, on the property, the value dispalys as value = code. getdata(72,1).
In the report of old version, I can read clearly in the Caption of the property as Sales Order.
When clicking each field in RDLC, how do I know which field is which since it always shows value as getdata (#,#). Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Jatin_PatelJatin_Patel Member Posts: 200
    RDLC Report using setdata and getdata function to print dataset fields on Page Header.

Please refer below link for detail:

http://www.dynamicsnavconsultant.com/20 ... -navision/
    Jatin Patel
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Consultant
    Jatin's Blog
  • Options
    Thank you Jatin! I read the reference, but I couldn't find any of them per as below.
    (from the post) If you notice on the upper left corner, there’s a small hidden field in red. If you highlight the field, the code reads...
    I counldn't find any hidden field hidden in red no matter how hard I tried.

(from the post) On the lower right corner, there are some additional hidden boxes in red. Highlight each one of them until you find this one (Note the HeaderInfo. It corresponds to the SetData).
    I counldn't find any hidden boxes.

I am using Visual Web Express 2012. Thank you!
  • Options
    Which NAV version are you using?
    Jatin Patel
    Jatin's Blog
  • Options
    I am testing the NAV 2013 demo now.
  • Options
    So for NAV 2013 RDLC Layout you have to use Visual Web Developer 2010.
    Jatin Patel
    Jatin's Blog