Options

two questions of dubious value NAV4.0/SQL

dlerouxdleroux Member Posts: 87
1> Is there a way to automate Navision batch jobs from within Navision? Specifically, I'm looking for a way to force Report 794 (Adjust Item Costs/Prices) to run daily. If not from within Navision, can I put on my very tattered SQL hat and write a job to do it there?

2> The customer pays a vendor via wire transfer, but he insists on writing a check payable to his bank for the amount of the wire transfer (plus bank fees). But, he wants the check to show up as being paid to the vendor and pretend the wire transfer never happened. I suggested using the Pay-To information on the vendor card to handle this, but of course the check register does not come out right for him )payable to bank, not actual vendor). Before digging myself in deeper by going after the reports and doing violence to the Check Ledger Entry table, am I missing something obvious that does not involve insulting my customer?

Thanks much in advance for any help.. including "magic words" to feed the search engine :)

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Ad 1) There is no standard way. But you can easy modify the report and create your own scheduler for it. We have such a module (you enter parameters, date and time when run and the Navision Application server or some client will run it on time, write possible errors etc...)

Ad 2) Sorry, no hint...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.