Options

NAV 2013 Dimensions - strange goings on!

Big_DBig_D Member Posts: 203
edited 2013-08-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Mibuso.com world :D !

Bit of a strange one this one...

The story so far

.Created General Journal Lines from a csv file.
.Added Global Dimensions from a csv file.
.Added additional Shortcut Dimensions from a csv file.

Noticed a discrepancy and removed the Global Dimensions and Shortcut Dimension via code.

Now when I run the sames csv files to bring in the Global and Shortcut Dimensions nothing happens!

I even deleted all of the General Journal Lines and ran the three bulleted commands list above.

The General Journal Lines come in no problem, if I display a message on the General Journal Line to display the 2 Global Dimensions - these are present along with the population of the Dimension Set ID but when I check the General Journal after the csv import has finished it is as if no Dimensions have been added anywhere! The only way to get a Dimension is to insert say 1 shortcut Dimension to the 1st General Journal Line, run the Dimension csv file run and the Global and Shortcut Dimension all populate but only for this 1 General Journal Line!

So has anybody else noticed a similar scenario? Can't manually add the Dimensions as we're talking about 1000's of General Journal Lines! Checked the code behind the Triggers on the Dimension Set Entries Table/Page but theses are empty. I know that the Dimension Set Tree Node has a stronghold but unsure if this is the reason! Probably if I created a new company then maybe I could successfully bring in all my data but I wanted to ask the mibuso.com community 1st!

With thanks
Big D signing off!