Options

Help please! Upgrade 2009R2 to 2013 failing with MS objects

boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
edited 2014-02-07 in NAV Three Tier
I am converting a multi-Company NAV2009 R2 database to 2013, well..attempting to!

I am using the MS object sets (.1 in 2009 and .2 in 2013) and have run the Transfer Data and Delete Objects actions in 2009, opened the db in 2013 and converted.

I've opened Page 104002 (Upgrade - New Version) and successfully connected to the database. However, when using the 'Transfer Data' action I am getting the following errors...

In one Company this error is shown....

1, Dimension Value ID must have a value in Dimension Set Entry: Dimension Set ID=0, Dimension Code=GROUP. It cannot be zero or empty.

In several other Companies this is shown....

2, This message is for C/AL programmers: A call to System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery failed with this message: There is already an object named 'pk_dim355_id' in the database. Could not create constraint. See previous errors.

REALLY really need some help as I'm not sure what I can do to resolve this. I have a table 355 full of dimension entries, which I could delete and I'm sure this will fix the problem, but then I won't get any dimension conversion which isn't acceptable.

HELP!? ](*,)

Comments

  • Options
    BardurKnudsenBardurKnudsen Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 137
    Is the database consistent? Did you delete any of the dimension values from table 349, so you have orphaned ledger entry dimensions?
    Bardur Knudsen
    Microsoft - Dynamics NAV
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Ran into the same issue with one of the upgrade and it was bad data. I believe they had blank dim value records.
    Your case might be different but you need to write a processing report an look at the data. Or run sql queries to make sure you have valid data.
    I suggest to turn on the debugger and see which table it looking at.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer


    blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
    Thanks, will try that, must be bad data as I deleted nothing...
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I had the same problem - had to fix blank dimensions and mismatched dimensions (global dimensions in table vs posted ledger tables, etc.
  • Options
    boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
    Thank you very much, this solved it :)
  • Options
    prrahaneprrahane Member Posts: 11
    Hi,
    I am also facing same problem. I have checked entries of Dimension Value and Ledger Entry dimension tables and they are correct. Still getting same problem.

    Can you explain solution in detail? Which table I have to compare for Dimension?

    Regards,
    PR
  • Options
    boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
    Did you make sure that all entries in Dim Value and Ledger tables refer to Dimensions that still exist in Table 348?

    And check that all Ledger Dimension Values have corresponding entries in Table 349 (check both Dimension Code and Code fields).

    I didn't have to go further but you could also check Journal Line Dimension, Document Dimension, Production Document Dimension, Posted Document Dimension, G/L Budget Dimension tables to ensure all values are valid.

    Hope you solve it!
  • Options
    prrahaneprrahane Member Posts: 11
    We have tried all options which you have suggested, still we are not able to resolve the error. We have check the dimension data in all menstioned tables through SQL quries and it is Ok. But same error.

    Have you compare the dimension data in diff tables through MS SQL queries or through Navision report?
    Or any other way to check the dimension data?
    ](*,)
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    turn on the debugger and look at the call stack and see which table is it running on.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer


    blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    elysavalelysaval Member Posts: 24
    Converting from Nav2009R2 to Nav2013R2.

    I had the same problem but it was not caused by wrong data, the problem was that my windows user wasn't owner of the database, so when the upgrade tool created temporary tables for dimensions (such as Update355_DimSetId) it named them starting with my username [UserName].[company Name]., while when it tried to delete them it searched for dbo.[Company Name]....so that it didn't delete the tables it had created.
    When i ran the tool on the second company it gave me the error 'There is already an object named 'pk_dim355_id' in the database......' because the costraint was present in temporary tables that the tool didn't delete ! The name of the key must be unique in the database.

    In order to change one user to be owner of the database the user must not be present among database users.

    Hope i was clear.

    Bye ! Elisa.
  • Options
    thegunzothegunzo Member Posts: 274
    ________________________________
    Gunnar Gestsson
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional
    Dynamics NAV MVP
    http://www.dynamics.is
    http://Objects4NAV.com
Sign In or Register to comment.