Options

PaperSourceFirstPage, PaperSourceOtherPages, PAPERSOURCE

elwin68elwin68 Member Posts: 153
edited 2013-08-27 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

I struggled quite a while using PaperSourceFirstPage, PaperSourceOtherPages and PAPERSOURCE and I have used forums a lot. But it is still not working ok.

The situation:
- When printing a document (f.e. order confirmation) we want to print the first page from Tray 1 and all the other pages must be printed from Tray 2.
- Different printers are defined in the network.

Solution 1: Using the properties PaperSourceFirstPage and PaperSourceOtherPages.
If the printer with trays is set as default everything is printed from the right tray.
If another printer is set as default and the printer with trays is selected (in the printer dialog) all pages are printed only from the default tray.

My conclusion: Using the above properties is only working ok if the printer with trays is set as default?

Solution 2: Using the command CurrReport.PAPERSOURCE in the OnAfterGetRecord trigger.
It is not necessary now to set the printer as default but it's not always working ok if using different body sections with 1 dataitem. F.e. Body 1 and 2 are printed on page 1 and body 3 is printed at page 2. Putting the command CurrReport.PAPERSOURCE in the OnPreSection is not working.

My conclusion: The problem from solution 1 is solved but the tray selection is not working properly because of the different body sections.

I hope it is a clear explanation.
Are my conclusions ok and is there a solutions for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    This does not work at all in NAV 2009 for RDLC reports, so your options are:

1. Stick to the Classic report, if NAV 2009 is a requirement.
    or
    2. Upgrade to NAV 2013, where this is supported in RDLC reports.

/Claus Lundstrøm
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • Options
    elwin68elwin68 Member Posts: 153
    I am working with a classic report.