Options

Problems with NAS 3.6

loggerlogger Member Posts: 126
edited 2013-08-23 in Navision Attain
Hi!
We have serious problem with SQL-version of NAS: "Application error nassql.exe, version 3.60.0.11353, module nassql.exe, version 3.60.0.11353, address 0x000745c5."

I've checked objects by native-version of NAS in fdb-base - everything is ok.
I've tried to login in Navision by this login - everything is ok.

Environment:
Windows 2003 32-bit, SQL 2000, Navision Attain 3.6

NAS starts under Windows login, which has next roles in SQL-database: public, db_owner, db_datareader, db_datawriter.
I've tried to start it under Local Service, Network Service but it doesn't help.

Please, help! I don't have any ideas. :(
Let's go!

Comments

• Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    The NAS users does not (and should not) be in any other SQL groups besides Public. It's just another NAV user and needs no different setup. Have you created the user in NAV as a "Windows Authenticated" user? And assigned roles?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    loggerlogger Member Posts: 126
    bbrown wrote:
    Have you created the user in NAV as a "Windows Authenticated" user? And assigned roles?

Yes, of course. I can login into Nav under this Windows account, and I can do anything I want with data. But NAS doesn't want to start.

I have only one suggestion. Maybe, problem appears because of virtual machine?
    Let's go!
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    logger wrote:
    I have only one suggestion. Maybe, problem appears because of virtual machine?

I've run lots of NAS on virtual machines. So I don't think that is your issue. It seems more like the service is starting, but then something fails during the when the "NAS Startup Code" is executed. Yo might need to debug the process.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    ppavukppavuk Member Posts: 334
    Are we back to 2003 :) ?

Is it a time to get more modern version? Who remember what issues we had with 3.6 NAS ages ago.

I can't remember is this old NAS write errors into event log, but it worth to check. Stop NAS, clear event log, start nas - if there something in log this may point to the roots of problem.