Options

Can't recognize the DLL!!!!

aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
Hi there,

I am integrating the QAS (postcodes stuff) software UK into Navision. I am being told that I should only move the DLL into the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder and that I don't need to register them using regsvr32.exe.

When I am in Navision I tried to create an Automation variable but I can't see any QAS or similar.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I misunderstood how should that work? Please help! [-o<
Navision Developer

Comments

• Options
    HalMdyHalMdy Member Posts: 429
    You have to register !! From regserv32 or from Navision itself, but you have !

after registering, is it ok ?
  • Options
    Well, despite I was told for the technical service that I shouldn't need to, I've tried by regsvr32 but I get the message:

"qauwved was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. qauwved does not appear to be a .DLL or .OCX file."

How can I try to register in Navision?
    Navision Developer
  • Options
    HalMdyHalMdy Member Posts: 429
    To register from Navision :

Tools - Custom Control

If your external application dosn't appear in the list, use Control-Browse ...to register.

If it doesn't work , you have a problem with the DLL file itself, I think ...
  • Options
    I was doing so!!!!

While you was answering I "discovered" that in Navision. I tried to load all DLL into Navision (onaly DLL no OCX around) but all but one failed. and even when one of them was registered I could not see the QAS thing in the Automation control.

I'm still ](*,) . 'will ask for the DLL to the QAS guys just in case but is strange that they cannot be loaded. :-k

Thanks for the help anyway.
    Navision Developer