Company Notes - Help needed to Setup/Implement

rosenberglrosenbergl Member Posts: 37
We're implementing Navision 4.0. I just followed all the directions I could find for turning on Company Notes, but it still does not seem to be working. Any help will be appreciated.

Here's what I did:

(1) Set up the folders //servername/CompanyShare/CompanyNotes
(2) Set up security and sharing on these folders as explained in the Navision 4.0 Help documentation
(3) Extracted/Copied the CompanyNotesTemplate.htm file to the CompanyNotes subfolder
(4) Set up the Navision Company Notes Setup Table. (Administration > Application Setup > General > Company Notes Setup)

The links to create/edit help text do not show up when you hit F1 in Navision.

- Lewis

Comments

• i96matwai96matwa Member Posts: 1
    The Company Notes Setup is loaded only when starting up the application.
  • Michael_SchumacherMichael_Schumacher Member Posts: 81
    Hello there,

I got this thing to work perfectly in 4.0
    but after upgrading to 4.0SP1 the company notes are gone

I checked already the settings in Company notes setup and the permissions of the share and directories as well as the share itself.
    nothing has changed there.

furthermore I checked, if Compnotes.exe is running (shown in Task Manager) and it is there if I start a database with notes set and doesn't load if I start a database without notes

nevertheless in both cases I don't see anything of the notes in the help windows....

Is it a new bug or did I something wrong?
    regards,
    Michael Schumacher

oh, what day is it? Backup day. OK, let's dump all data to /dev/nul ;-)
  • RengleRengle Member Posts: 2
    rosenbergl wrote:
    ... Any help will be appreciated.

Here's what I did:

(2) Set up security and sharing on these folders as explained in the Navision 4.0 Help documentation
    (3) Extracted/Copied the CompanyNotesTemplate.htm file to the CompanyNotes subfolder
    (4) Set up the Navision Company Notes Setup Table. (Administration > Application Setup > General > Company Notes Setup)

- Lewis

I am having exactly the same problem. We are now on NAV 4.0 SP3, and I completed the setup as you listed (as indicated in the Help files of Navision) and the links do not show up. Are there UNC specifications that aren't listed in the help? Does it matter if the security groups have a different name than the ones listed in the instructions?

Help?

Ross
  • Michael_SchumacherMichael_Schumacher Member Posts: 81
    Microsoft decided not to register the CompNotesHTML.dll in Client folder because of the activeX error when opening Help with company notes.
    If you want to use CompanyNotes just register this dll.
    to get rid of the error message you have to set some registry values manually because you cannot define security settings of zone 0 (Arbeitsplatz in german, I don't know but may be workplace in english)
    with internet explorer.
    you have to set the values 1201, 1609 and 1809 (symply everything ABOVE 1C00) to zero in registry key
    HKCU/software/microsoft/windows/current version/internet settings/zones/0.
    regards,
    Michael Schumacher

oh, what day is it? Backup day. OK, let's dump all data to /dev/nul ;-)
  • foronavisionforonavision Member Posts: 79
    rosenbergl wrote:
    ... Any help will be appreciated.

Here's what I did:

- Lewis

I followed these steps in Navision 4.0. Then i did the following:

- Open a Command Prompt (from Start->Programs->Accessories or from Start->Run->cmd)
    - Navigate (using the CD command) to Navision's Client folder (typically "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client")
    - Issue the command regsvr32 /u CompNotesHTML.dll

But when I press F1, the company notes links don't appear.

What's happend? Is Navision version does not support the company notes? Please help me!!. Thanks!