Options

URGENT : Inconsistency in VAT Entry table

pedroccdapedroccda Member Posts: 90
I try to execute the database test for testing Field relationships between tables and I get a lot of warnings like this:

:!:
Warning: 'VAT Entry' does not exist. Entry No.: 608 The Closed by Entry No. field in the VAT Entry table has a table relationship to the Entry No. field in the VAT Entry table. 'VAT Entry' has the following identification fields and values: Entry No.='380'

This means that it refer to a record that doesn't exist...but the value of the field The Closed by Entry No. is assigned automatically by the Codeunit 12. #-o

So, why my db is inconsistent? Anyone has a similar situation? #-o

I try to understand the way the codeunit assign the The Closed by Entry No. and I see that it depends on Type and VAT Prod. Posting Group change, but it's not trivial to understand it at all for correct the db inconsistency.
Kiki

Comments

• Options
    pedroccda wrote:
    I try to execute the database test for testing Field relationships between tables and I get a lot of warnings like this:

Warning: 'VAT Entry' does not exist. Entry No.: 608 The Closed by Entry No. field in the VAT Entry table has a table relationship to the Entry No. field in the VAT Entry table. 'VAT Entry' has the following identification fields and values: Entry No.='380'

This means that it refer to a record that doesn't exist...but the value of the field The Closed by Entry No. is assigned automatically by the Codeunit 12. #-o

So, why my db is inconsistent? Anyone has a similar situation? #-o

I try to understand the way the codeunit assign the The Closed by Entry No. and I see that it depends on Type and VAT Prod. Posting Group change, but it's not trivial to understand it at all for correct the db inconsistency.

:( no one has any idea?
    Kiki
  • Options
    Iqbal_FebrianoIqbal_Febriano Member Posts: 66
    Check on your VAT Entry table, perhaps the record with entry no. : 380 has been deleted somehow.
    Be fast, be straight, be quiet
  • Options
    Check on your VAT Entry table, perhaps the record with entry no. : 380 has been deleted somehow.

The problem is the contrary. Record 380 exists but the 608 doesn't exist. The problem is that this record are created by a standard codeunit...so why there are inconsistencies?
    Kiki
  • Options
    Iqbal_FebrianoIqbal_Febriano Member Posts: 66
    OK, so you have one or few records deleted. I believe the codeunit work well. But maybe another process delete it / them somehow. If you are doing some customization, check out whether it has effect on VAT Entry table.
    Be fast, be straight, be quiet
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    Has there been a date compression on the VAT Entries ? Check the date compression registers.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    Kowa wrote:
    Has there been a date compression on the VAT Entries ? Check the date compression registers.

No compression...
    Kiki
  • Options
    OK, so you have one or few records deleted. I believe the codeunit work well. But maybe another process delete it / them somehow. If you are doing some customization, check out whether it has effect on VAT Entry table.

Someone has modified the codeunit 12... but it seems not to touch the parts relative to the field that has the problem....
    Kiki
  • Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    Did the client have power (electricity) problems? We had the same problem, due to power failures and database damages.

- Try a full database test
    - Try a backup-restore

If encounter any problems, tell Microsoft to help you using their C/DART tool.

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.
  • Options
    Shenpen wrote:
    Did the client have power (electricity) problems? We had the same problem, due to power failures and database damages.

- Try a full database test
    - Try a backup-restore

If encounter any problems, tell Microsoft to help you using their C/DART tool.

I think we haven't power (electricity) problems. thank you...
    Kiki