Save as pdf invoice but Font is different

casanovacasanova Member Posts: 194
edited 2014-04-04 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all
i have created invoice with barcode font
if i generate invoice from client / server by manual, then the barcode font will show

now I have done auto create pdf file from this posted invoice
but the issue is... the font is not barcode font
but using standard font... Arial

any clue?
thx

Comments

• mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    the font must be installed on the service tier machine.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • casanovacasanova Member Posts: 194
    the font must be installed on the service tier machine.

hi mihail,
    i already copy paste this barcode font on the server side
    thats why if i generate invoice from server by manual, then the barcode font will show
  • arronleearronlee Member Posts: 5
    Hi, casanova.
    The barcode font is supposed to be different with the stantard font. Is this a bug? Have you informed the admin to checked your CODE?
    I want help, but I am a newbie here. I hope you success. Goode luck.
    Best Regards,
    Arron

I'm testing about image resizers to resize images. Any ideas?

Next Tomorrow is Another Day.
  • geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Is invoice generated with a scheduled process? In case you have to install the font on NAS too.
  • StLiStLi Member Posts: 83
    I remember that we had a simular issue once. We fixed it by restarting the middle tier service after installing the font.
  • casanovacasanova Member Posts: 194
    geordie wrote:
    Is invoice generated with a scheduled process? In case you have to install the font on NAS too.
    nope...
    in codeunit sales post
    once it done and created as posted invoice
    it will generate invoice as pdf
    and then send to email
  • Igor_PchelnikovIgor_Pchelnikov Member Posts: 25
    Hello,
    SSRS sometimes have problems with embedding some fonts to PDF during export. (At least 2005, not sure about 2008).
    Do next steps:
    1) Right click on the font on service-tier and press install, restart Service Tier
    check if you still get this issue
    2) right click on the font on the PC that generates an invoice, restart PC and generate file
    check if barcode exists. After invoice is generated, check if barcode is shown but on another PC where this font is not installed.

Now about the problem in general:
    1) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... (v=SQL.100).aspx -> Make sure your font is "Embeddable" and TrueType
    2) To check if the font is TrueType and the its embeddable, right click the font file and select Properties, and then you can find these properties in the Details tab.

If it's not - change the font -> the only solution, or use C/AL code to create BMP file as a barcode and use it as a picture. Might be slow with big files (http://mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1192) To improve performance in 2013 with pictures you might try write additional procedure on top of that codeunit to convert BMP to PNG on fly (use GDI Plus) -> that will reduce size up to 10 times and report will be much faster ;)

Wish you good luck!

Igor Pchelnikov
  • lilycanlilycan Member Posts: 1
    is there a .net software that can create pdf document and generate barcode at the same time, so we don't need to choose for whether to use barcode font or not.
    i'd really like to create pdf for my invoice. any suggestions? thank you.