Options

Import Excel error in NAV 2013

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
edited 2013-08-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

I want o import a excel file(.xlsx) directly into NAV. When I create a new file and then try to import I can able to import but when I try to download the customer excel which is also the same xlsc and same template I am getting error as below.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

This message is for C/AL programmers: A call to Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.OpenXml.Spreadsheet.WorkbookReader.Open failed with this message: The spreadsheet is corrupted. The following error occurred: The attribute 'verticalDpi' has invalid value '0'. The MinInclusive constraint failed. The value must be greater than or equal to 1..
OK
any idea whats the cause of this error and how to overcome it.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
chandru.

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    When you create the file are you just creating an excel sheet & saving it?

or are you exporting it using an xml port like it appears your customer is?

if your creating it differently then perhaps there is an issue with their xmlport.

Also are you both using the same excel versions?

trying to narrow down the cause of the error
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Just noticed a similar Platform fix released by Microsoft
    https://mbs2.microsoft.com/Knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;2862723

348976 "A call to Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.OpenXml.Spreadsheet.WorkbookReader.Open failed with this message: The spreadsheet is corrupted. The following error occurred: The 'shapeId' attribute is not declared" error message when you import a budget with a comment from Microsoft Excel 2013
  • Options
    chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi Savatage ,

I am just saving the excel file and not exporting using xml port.

and both the excel version are same.

Thanks & Regards,
    chandru.
  • Options
    casanovacasanova Member Posts: 194
    after open the sheet
    press ok.
    I have another error that said OpenXML.Spreadheet.celldata
    how to solve this?
  • Options
    casanovacasanova Member Posts: 194
    casanova wrote:
    after open the sheet
    press ok.
    I have another error that said OpenXML.Spreadheet.celldata
    how to solve this?

anybody can help?
  • Options
    SolmyrSolmyr Member Posts: 51
    I faced the similar problem.
    Try to create new excel document and copy content of the broken document to the new one.
    It was helpful in my case.
    Oleg Dovgalenko
  • Options
    frischfrisch Member Posts: 20
    Although this is a very old topic, I'd like to give it a kick.

I'm trying to use the Excel Buffer to import/update items into NAV 2013 (build 38454, so after the hotfix mentioned above).

The report runs fine and imports everything perfectly, but only after I open the Excel-file, copy all the contents and paste them into a new file, then save it and run the report.

Although this is keeping things in working order at the moment, the file is a daily export from SAP (from a sister company), and the report runs in the jobqueue (but crashes on the error if we don't "fix" the Excel first).

Google just keeps giving me this topic and some openXML implementation documents - does anybody know what's wrong in NAV? or is it in the Excel-file? and in the last case, what is the problem? I'm hoping to create a script or tool that fixes the excel-file automatically...
  • Options
    CarlesTACarlesTA Member Posts: 11
    Hi frisch and all users
    did you find the solution?
    im experiencing the same error, with nav 2013. while importing from excel.

Thanks to all

ps Related error:
    Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.OpenXml.Spreadsheet.WorkbookReader.Open The attribute 'verticalDpi' has invalid value '0'. The MinInclusive constraint failed. The value must be greater than or equal to 1..

• Options
    rosietesmenrosietesmen Member Posts: 6
    the table having field Item No, Qty and remarks . while doing the import , If any Error comes in validation. the remarks field should fill error Text. can u please guide how to achieve this requirement.