NAV 2013 UserPassword Credential Thumbprint error

cokamaksimoviccokamaksimovic Member Posts: 11
edited 2014-04-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hi guys !

I have been trying to use NavUserPassword credential type in NAV 2013 and have tried to implement security sertificates according to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg502478(v=nav.70).aspx

The problem occurs when I try to copy the thumbprint value from the certificate details into NAV Server configuration. The error is attached.

Please, if anyone has had this issue, any advice on how to solve this is greatly appreciated.

Thanx :)
...the best that life offers us is the possibility to enjoy the moment...

Answers

• postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi,

While Copying thumbprint please make sure that you only copy the thumbprint only, the thumbprint value start with a SPACE.

You can see the screen shot of same in the post - http://saurav-nav.blogspot.in/2012/12/nav-2013-credential-type-how-to-use.html

let me know if you still have the issue.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi cokamaksimovic,

I believe you copied from Certificate Dialog box and pasted it. You can try below method.
    1. download and install NotePad++ http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.4.1.html
    2. Open program, past your copied value and check funny character (Menu Encoding - Encode in ASNI). Or you can use other software for checking funny character.

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • cokamaksimoviccokamaksimovic Member Posts: 11
    Thanks guys for your replies, I will give it a go today and let you know how it went.

FIY, I am doing this on a machine running Windows 8, so, maybe this could be an issue ?

Cheers ! :)
  • cokamaksimoviccokamaksimovic Member Posts: 11
    Works !

I downloaded the notepad++, copy + paste thumbprint value into it, and it showed a "?" at the beginning of the thumbprint.

Thanks once again, hopefully this helps other people as well.

Cheers :)
  • MBrodie1979MBrodie1979 Member Posts: 21
    You don't even need Notepad ++ just type the values in manually instead of copy and paste. :lol:
  • MBrodie1979MBrodie1979 Member Posts: 21
    Hey guys.

I managed to successfully apply my thumbprint value to the NAv Server Service. When I try restart the service I get an error in the event viewer:

Log Name: Application
    Source: MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$DynamicsNAV71
    Date: 2014-02-13 10:46:02 AM
    Event ID: 216
    Task Category: (13)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: NAV2013R2
    Description:
    Server instance: DynamicsNAV71
    User:
    Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavConfigurationException
    SuppressMessage: False
    FatalityScope: None
    Configuration setting 'ServicesCertificateThumbprint' has an invalid value; A valid certificate could not be found.
    Description = '[Subject]
    CN=NavServiceCert

[Issuer]
    CN=RootNavServiceCA

[Serial Number]
    AC7263AE828FD4AF4CEDAD6C914F46C4

[Not Before]
    13/02/2014 10:05:03

[Not After]
    31/12/2039 23:59:59

[Thumbprint]
    D8708A432EFA18BC39EEBA1E155302740841AE39
    '
    StackTrace:
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavCredentials.AddServiceCredentialCertificate(ServiceHostBase serviceHost, X509Certificate2 certificate, Boolean certificateValidationEnabled, UserNamePasswordValidationMode mode)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavCredentials.AddClientServicesCredentials(ServiceHostBase serviceHost, X509Certificate2 certificate, Boolean certificateValidationEnabled, UserNamePasswordValidator validator, NavCredentialTypeBehavior authenticationBehavior)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.WindowsServices.NavServerWindowsService.CreateServiceHosts(ServerUserSettings settings, Boolean usePortSharing, String machineName)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.WindowsServices.NavServerWindowsService.Start(String commandLineServiceInstanceName)
    Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types
    HResult: -2146233088

Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"&gt;
    <System>
    <Provider Name="MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$DynamicsNAV71" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">216</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>13</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-02-13T10:46:02.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>2206</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>NAV2013R2</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>Server instance: DynamicsNAV71
    User:
    Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavConfigurationException
    SuppressMessage: False
    FatalityScope: None
    Configuration setting 'ServicesCertificateThumbprint' has an invalid value; A valid certificate could not be found.
    Description = '[Subject]
    CN=NavServiceCert

[Issuer]
    CN=RootNavServiceCA

[Serial Number]
    AC7263AE828FD4AF4CEDAD6C914F46C4

[Not Before]
    13/02/2014 10:05:03

[Not After]
    31/12/2039 23:59:59

[Thumbprint]
    D8708A432EFA18BC39EEBA1E155302740841AE39
    '
    StackTrace:
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavCredentials.AddServiceCredentialCertificate(ServiceHostBase serviceHost, X509Certificate2 certificate, Boolean certificateValidationEnabled, UserNamePasswordValidationMode mode)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.NavCredentials.AddClientServicesCredentials(ServiceHostBase serviceHost, X509Certificate2 certificate, Boolean certificateValidationEnabled, UserNamePasswordValidator validator, NavCredentialTypeBehavior authenticationBehavior)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.WindowsServices.NavServerWindowsService.CreateServiceHosts(ServerUserSettings settings, Boolean usePortSharing, String machineName)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.WindowsServices.NavServerWindowsService.Start(String commandLineServiceInstanceName)
    Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types
    HResult: -2146233088
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>
    [/b]

Any Ideas?
  • nav_devnav_dev Member Posts: 4
    I had the same error.

Then i followed these steps: http://saurav-nav.blogspot.in/2013/11/n ... lient.html and now everything seems running fine

Bye