Options

Drop Shipment

jeniezjeniez Member Posts: 25
Hi,

I'm trying to create a drop shipment directly from a Sales Order to a Purchase Order. But I can't seem to find Drop Shipment button in the Functions tab. Can anyone tell me how to do this.

P.S. Our Navision doesn't come with the Requisition Worksheet, so I can't do drop shipment from there.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Oh, one more question.

I'm trying to allocate the cost of inventory purchases to customers, warehouses and so forth using dimension. But I can't seem to find a report that shows the break down of items by dimension. Do I have to create one? If so, how? (Sorry, I don't know anything about modifying or creating reports...) :oops:
  • Options
    safindleysafindley Member Posts: 13
    Drop Shipments:
    this function can be found on the Purchase Order form (Functions/Drop Shipments/Get Sales Orders).

Item Dimensions:
    This can be done using Analyses By Dimensions
  • Options
    Drop shipment in not located in the Function tab of the Purchase Order form in our Navision system. I can't find it anywhere. Do we need to purchase this part of the module?

As for the Dimension, the system only show the dimensions in comparison to GL Account and/or Period. But I want to see dimension in comparison to item list.

Thanks.
  • Options
    safindleysafindley Member Posts: 13
    What version of Navision are you using?

The menu option Get Sales Orders is in standard Navision. You will need to talk with your NSC if it is not there.

You will need to setup a dimension code for items and assign a dimesion vlaue for the item numbers. If you have a copy of the CRONUS sample data, you can see an example of this.
    You will also need to define the Anylses View to use the dimension codes you want to report on.
  • Options
    Sorry, maybe I'm didn't explain clearly enough. What I'm trying to do is whenever I create an invoice to purchase an inventory item, I assign that inventory item to a warehouse by dimension, in order to record which warehouse that inventory item go to. Now, I want to see a report that show for example: Warehouse A - and a list of all the inventory items that is in that warehouse; Warehouse B - and a list of all the inventory items that is in that warehouse; and so forth. But so far, I haven't found any standard report that give me this info, so I'm not sure if I have to create one or not. And if I need to create one, how would I do it?

Btw, I'm using Navision ver. 3.70