Options

How do you add a column into Axapta?

vacustomvacustom Member Posts: 6
edited 2005-06-11 in Dynamics AX
I have tried to add a column directly into SQL - it puts the column in to SQL - but not into Axapta. I did a syncronize and it saw the column, but all it did was remove it from my SQL table - it didn't add it to Axapta.

I am pretty much a novice in Axapta application work - so any help with this would be appreciated.

Currently I run Axapta version 2.5 with the BKD powerpack; I run SQL Server 2000 as my background database.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    vijaybhatvijaybhat Member Posts: 16
    Add a Field in the Table through the AOT
    Vijay V Bhat
  • Options
    I got the new field into the table - I added to inventtable - now I need to get it to print on a couple of reports (SalesPickinglist and the Transfer report) I have added the relations, and then I added the field to the report but it isn't returning a value. I think I may need to do a method - but I am not sure, and I don't really know the scripting language that well.

Any help on what I need to do to get the field to relate from one table to the other and then add the field to the report would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Options
    vijaybhatvijaybhat Member Posts: 16
    I do not have my Axapta client in front of me -so cant tell the correct path. But first find the source table for the reports. You can do that by going to the reports, use the right click of the mouse - click on setup check edit then the datasources. So which ever table shows up there should have the field you want to add. So add the field (by same name) to that table and then through table relations link it to inventtable.
    Vijay V Bhat
  • Options
    I have the field in my tables, forms and reports now - and it is showing up on the reports properly. The only issue is on the reports I added it as a sorting field - and for some reason when the report runs it ignores it. Is there anywhere else that I need to specify the sort? It is the only sort that I can see on that report - so there shouldn't be a conflict - but if there is somewhere else I need to look could someone let me know.

Thanks!
  • Options
    HarishHarish Member Posts: 172
    Hi,

First a word of caution -
    Please do not perform any kind of modification to Axapta database structure directly in MS SQL Server / Oracle. Main reasons are -

1) Axapta has strict inbuilt data integrity routines and probably you might end up breaking the same by directly accessing the database.
    2) Also probably chances are that you might not get support either from Microsoft or for that matter your reseller.

Coming to your problem -
    Without knowing information like what column you added to what table, it is difficult to provide any helpful suggestion.

May be you can start first telling us what your requirements are.

Finally a suggestion -
    Please have all your modifications done by a qualified Axapta Developer.

Kind regards,

Harish Mohanbabu
    Harish Mohanbabu
    Long way to go before I sleep..