Error text language Webservices

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
edited 2014-04-01 in NAV Three Tier
hi guys,
i have an annoying problem with nav 2009 R2 (build 33154) webservices.
When some "standard" error comes out, it is half english and half "application language", for example:

"Codice Cliente" must not be zero or empty.
("Customer Code must not be zero or empty.")

This only happens when the web application catches the error from nav, and only for the "application defined texts", not with "user defined text" (for example a field name or a text constant).

NOTE: RTC client works fine.
Have you ever noticed this behavior?
thanks in advance for your help
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Answers

• mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    CustomSettings.config:
    <add key="ServicesCultureDefaultUserPersonalization" value="true"/>

I'm not sure in which build this setting was introduced or it's available in your build but it might cause this strange behavior. The story is that in some build the web service has started to use English only and if this setting is specified, it uses the language specified in the User Personalization table for the current user

EDIT it's introduced in build 32558. More info here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/2012/02/06/ws-on-a-multilanguage-environment.aspx
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    i know mihail, i've already set that parameter...actually, you can see that Multilanguage "user defined" parts are ok..BUT the "system defined" text is english.
    I think (but i don't hope) that the system defined text of the errors ("...does not exist", "cannot be zero or empty" and so on) are in english because they are part of the executable BEFORE i can "tell" to it that i want to work in Italian language...

EDIT: after re-reading your post, i guess you arrived to the same conclusion i just wrote...this really sucks, how can i translate all the errors of a posting routine and all the validates?!?!
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    UPDATE: my colleague has a similar environment but in another language (webservices exposed in a website) and works fine...the errors are fully translated. His build is 33137 (just a bit older than mine).
    I wonder if there's something wrong with italian language pack (actually, the installer does not install the language correctly and must be done manually), or there's something wrong with the our web application... :-k :-k :-k :-k
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • ichladilichladil Member Posts: 68
    Hello,

I do not have the solution however I have the very same issue in the Czech version running on hotfix build 6.0.33413.0. So if there is any way to have the "system defined texts (stored perhaps in DLL or STX files)" in the application language it would be really helpful.

Thanks ahead for any replies!
    Igor
    another update: it seems that TESTFIELD generated errors are half italian half english, but errors due to validate (for example, by inserting "aòsoòidljfàsfà" in item no. field) are full italian texts
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    it seems like there's a big, bad, :bug: for the TESTFIELD function. The "half translated" message happens in the environment of my colleague, too (he told me that now he should kill to keep the thing secret).
    Morale: All the errors are fine, but TESTFIELD error ONLY is buggy (we tried to do bring errors from a wrong "GET" function and from "FIELDERROR" function, but they are fully translated)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    I can add some :bug: :bug: :bug: from the Application Server - seems like locks and deadlocks are not translated too.

Your activity was deadlocked with another user who was modifying the Lageraktivitätszeile table.

I start thinking that this is happening after applying some hotfix. Probably the language pack is getting corrupted somehow and this is a problem with the stx files.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
    yes, i have this feeling as well.
    Language packs are never updated, and honestly, i don't expect MS employees to check all the error messages every time they release some build.
    Thanks for the added infos, mihail...i will add some keywords below so that this thread can be "googlable" (i've not find such a problem anywhere in the web)

TESTFIELD error half english webservice web service dynamics nav navision language
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    I've a similar problem with TESTFIELD (and also with some of the messages in Windows Event Log) in NAS after we patched another Build. This is very annoying as we need to support several languages across Europe. We would be happy if all the messages were in English but they turned to German after we applied that Build.

Did you find any additional information or any solution in the meantime?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
    nothing new, here, sorry. :cry:
    I've not tested if the same problem with language is still present in nav 2013, but i hope not.
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • okioki Member Posts: 46
    Hi,

perhaps the function GLOBALLANGUAGE(<LanguageID>) at the start of your web service function may help.
    You can find it in the C/AL Symbol Menu under System/Language.
    (I.e. <LanguageID> for Germany is 1031)

Oli
    i don't know, it will probably work, but you have to add it in every single webservice call and you have to eventually manage the option fields and stuff like that.
    -Mirko-
    My Blog