Unable to access NAV 2013 web client from client computer

matthewtaingmatthewtaing Member Posts: 52
edited 2014-05-07 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Guys,

I've installed Nav 2013 web client and it runs fine on the server but when I try to connect to it via a client computer using Internet explorer then it keeps prompting for password even though I've keyed in the correct one. However, I'm able to connect to it via IP address of the server from the client computer. The funny thing is that if I use Firefox then it doesn't give me any problems at all.

Client computer Internet explorer Version 9.0.8112.16421 (Update version:9.0.3) -
1. Connect via <servername>:8080 - keeps prompting for user name and password
2. Connect via servername.domain.local:8080 - same results as above.
3. Connect via 192.168.1.1:8080 - this runs fine.

Client computer Firefox:
1. Connect via <servername>:8080 - this runs fine.

It seems like the client computer is unable to resolve the servername? I've also tried open a file explorer and tried to connect to the server from there via "\\servername" and it runs fine. Seems like this is just Internet explorer that's unable to resolve the servername.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments

• KSP_NAVKSP_NAV Member Posts: 68
    Hi,

Try the below steps.

1. Create Inbound Rules for the Windows Firewall
    2. In the Internet Explorer -> Internet Options -> Security -> Custom Level -> Scroll to Scripting Section and enable "Allow Scripting of Microsoft Web Browser Control"

Regards,
    KSP
  • matthewtaingmatthewtaing Member Posts: 52
    Nope,tried that but did not work. Still getting the same thing.

Thanks
  • Vincent_VancalberghVincent_Vancalbergh Member Posts: 10
    I recommend pinging the server from the client computer.

If that doesn't work you don't have a NAV issue, but a system-level one (which you probably need to resolve with your network administrator).

The server (or some firewall along the way) may block ping requests to prevent DDoS attacks. This is not the cause of your problem, but it doesn't help resolve it.

It may be your DNS settings are incorrect. These determine how your client computer tries to resolve a computername to an IP address.

If these are incorrect (e.g. google's DNS doesn't know the ip addresses of your local servers) -> correct them (or have them corrected).

If these seem correct try pinging the DNS server. If that doesn't work then you need to fix THAT. Using the tracert command you can figure out how your client computer tries to get to the DNS server.

If you CAN ping your DNS server then maybe that DNS server doesn't know the IP-address for that server --> why?

If it's a fixed ip server (as any "real" server should be) then maybe a fixed entry is needed in it's DNS tables.

But really, if you don't know much about this stuff -> find someone who does! :)
    Senior Technical Consultant at Edan Business Solutions/Sphinx IT
    Owner of V-Kwadraat (see my blog about Programming and my feed about Gaming!)
  • lpires_mypartnerlpires_mypartner Member Posts: 1
    HI,

Make sure you have the http Spn on the right port.

Regards,
    myPartner Luis Pires