NAV 2013 Email Logging and Office 365 Hosted Exchange

seboksebok Member Posts: 2
edited 2014-01-31 in NAV Three Tier
We are currently on NAV 2009 and will be upgrading to NAV 2013 and will continue to use the email logging granule. We are also considering moving away from our on-premise exchange server and going to Office 365.

Can the NAV 2013 email logging granule work with an off-premise exchange server?

Thank you for your thoughts!

Comments

• mincepiemincepie Member Posts: 1
    If anyone has any decent info on this please share as I will be looking to move to Office 365 also.

I believe... you would have to keep an on premise exchange server with one mailbox at least purely for the NAV email logger mail. Currently both incoming and outgoing emails are Bcc'd to the email logger mailbox which NAV reads, checks if the mail needs to be stored (by checking the 'to' and 'bcc' email addresses for a contact with same email address in NAV), then logs the interaction against the contact by storing the email in a public folder (which is also accessible by email logger mailbox) - correct me if I'm wrong :?

In office 365 to resolve the Navision issue Office 365 supports “Centralised Mail Flow Control” where you could configure all inbound and outbound email to be routed through the an on premise hub transport server. Then using a transport rule you could BCC the email into the mailbox designated for NAV (email logger mailbox) situated on your local exchange Server.

That's my plan so far, has anyone any better solutions?
  • Johannes_NielsenJohannes_Nielsen Member Posts: 206
    I'm following this, the sooner Office 365 gets supported, the sooner I can recommend it :)

-
    I tried the Email logging with NAV 5.0.
    CRM in NAV is great and E-mail communication is of course essential.

But E-mail logging in NAV 5.0 didn't live up to anyone's expectations. The "Allow access" dialog you got constantly was a real letdown.

-
    With NAV 2013 they changed to Web services. Great!

But here we are. Changing to Office 365, like MS tells us, but MS has no solution to make Email logging work with NAV 2013.

The terrible integration between MS products still astonishes me :roll:

Now, there is Dynamics CRM, why use that if NAV is sufficient? Integrated CRM in NAV makes as much sense as every other NAV module.

Take a stand please MS.
    Dynamics CRM is expensive a complex as h***. Just make E-mail logging work with the cloud and I'll be a happy man :)
    Best regards / Venlig hilsen
    Johannes Sebastian
    MB7-840,MB7-841