Options

Removing fasttabs on pages for chosen roles

graveczgravecz Member Posts: 35
edited 2013-05-13 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
i was trying to remove fasttab Invoicing on Item card (page 30) for role "ABC".
I started configuration mode and thought that if i customize page in configuration mode of role "ABC", then fast tab invoicing will be removed just in this role, but it's not true. It removes fasttab Invocing for each role, what is unexpected behavior for me.
Is there any way how to remove fasttab just for chosen roles?

Martin

Comments

• Options
    casanovacasanova Member Posts: 194
    you can create boolean variable
    and then put it in the openpage
    AccessControlRec.RESET;
    AccessControlRec.SETRANGE(AccessControlRec."Role ID",'ABC');
    AccessControlRec.SETRANGE(AccessControlRec."User Name", USERID);
    IF AccessControlRec.FINDSET THEN
      yourvariable := TRUE
    ELSE
      yourvariable := FALSE;

and then put yourvariable in the properties of your fastabs
  • Options
    Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    casanova - Yes, of course that can be done...but it defeats the whole purpose of configuration. In classic NAV, changes like this had to be done using customization like what you're suggesting. One of the big selling points of the RTC is the ability to configure these sorts of changes for roles without development time/customization. Developers are often quick to suggest these sorts of customized approaches...but unnecessary customization is bad for everyone.

Sorry...my comment was related to that second post. I don't have anything to offer on the original one - i would have expected the changes to just apply to the ABC role. You had assigned your user to that profile before configuring it...correct?
  • Options
    casanovacasanova Member Posts: 194
    rdhansen wrote:
    casanova - Yes, of course that can be done...but it defeats the whole purpose of configuration. In classic NAV, changes like this had to be done using customization like what you're suggesting. One of the big selling points of the RTC is the ability to configure these sorts of changes for roles without development time/customization. Developers are often quick to suggest these sorts of customized approaches...but unnecessary customization is bad for everyone.

Sorry...my comment was related to that second post. I don't have anything to offer on the original one - i would have expected the changes to just apply to the ABC role. You had assigned your user to that profile before configuring it...correct?

no choice must do this way i guess
    for permission set only allow until table level
    but in your case for field level