Options

Additional Reporting Currency

anwar0206anwar0206 Member Posts: 11
edited 2013-05-11 in Navision Financials
Hello All NAV Financials Expert,

I have a situation and would like to know the consequence if I remove the Additional Foreign Currency from General Ledger Setup. Complete all the Year end closing activity and then again select same Additional Foreign Currency which was selected earlier.

I wanted to know what will be the overall effect in Navision.

Its a NAVISION 5 SP1 Database.

Waiting for your all comments and suggestions.

With Best Regards,
~M@S
Regards,
~SA

Comments

• Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

sounds to me like a workaround to avoid a consistency error message when you post the close income statement. Better to find the true source of this than to disable reporting currency, post and re-enable it. It should work, though. I would suggest to try it out in a copy of the database first.

Disable Add. Reporting Currency: All entries are left as they are, no new entries with reporting currency are generated.
    Re-Enable Add. Reporting Currency: All existing entries are re-calculated for the Add. Reporting Currency, according to the exchange rates set up in the company. Additional entries are posted to maintain balance by transaction no., and to maintain the closing of prior accounting periods.

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    anwar0206anwar0206 Member Posts: 11
    Hi Jens,

Thanks for your reply, yes you got it right, I am planning a work around.

When I am trying to close Income statement, I get a difference of 0.01, I tried to figure out the reason, when I remove the Additional Foreign Currency then the Income Statement is calculated with out any message and a journal is filled. But the Inconsistency error is generated when a Additional Foreign Currency is selected on G/L Setup.

With best regards,
    Anwar
    Regards,
    ~SA