Options

Navision Developer's Toolkit

gmusengigmusengi Member Posts: 4
I have done the compare and merge process to come up with a new version 4.0 from the old version 3.7. However, when I try to export the objects to a 4.0 database (Cronus), I get errors about the table definitions as if the system can't parse the text generated in the file and the program stops with the message, "Import stopped at line n"

Is this a problem with the output of the compare and merge wizard. Perhaps unresolved conflicts?

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be, in some cases is problem chars // in allowedchar property etc...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    If code was commented out by using { and } ( according to the style guide this not allowed anymore, and now you know the reason why) the merge wizard can mess lines up. Check for this and rework the code using //, then try again. Good Luck ( I use Beyond Compare for merging, this leaves you the control you need. There are also good freeware merging tools like Winmerge : http://winmerge.sourceforge.net. )
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    I use Araxis Merge ... a three way merging tool.

not free, but really GREAT !!

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Waldo wrote:
    I use Araxis Merge ... a three way merging tool.
    Can it do a automatic merge?
    Do you use it?
    Does it work well?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, there is automatic merge in the tree-way compare (of course text based, not syntax based or something as in NDT)...

We are using it for 3 years...
    It work very well, if you know what you want...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Same comment as kine.

I use it as well. imho you have more control than with the navision compare tool... .

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog