Options

Column Set hard coded in Analysis by Dimension on RTC Client

PoojaPooja Member Posts: 16
edited 2013-04-25 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts,

I have found the that the no. of columns to be displayed on RTC client in Analysis by dimension is limited to 32 columns. I have checked and found that this is hard coded.
If i have more than 32 columns to display system is not showing however it is working fine in classic. Has anyone else faced this problem and how has it been handle. And could be the reason for such hard coding.

Regards,
Pooja

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    The Matrix no longer exists in the RTC. It has therefore been replaced by a List page.
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    I have found the that the no. of columns to be displayed on RTC client in Analysis by dimension is limited to 32 columns. -Correct

If i have more than 32 columns to display system is not showing however it is working fine in classic. -not entirely true, it can only display 32 columns at the same time. But navigation tools allow more columns to be accessed.

Has anyone else faced this problem and how has it been handle. - I haven't experienced a problem with it. It's because Matrixes was native in NAV Classic, but could not be remade in the RTC/C# with the direction the team was taking in design of pages/. Microsoft has offered this 32 columns matrix as a solution for matrixes in RTC.

And could be the reason for such hard coding. - what you see in the hard coding is actually what happens behind the scenes in a regular matrix form.
    However the cap of number of columns visible for 1 classic matrix form will probably be datatype limited instead of variables limited. - opinion
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    If i have more than 32 columns to display system is not showing however it is working fine in classic. -not entirely true, it can only display 32 columns at the same time. But navigation tools allow more columns to be accessed.

I have never heard of anything called Navigation tools in Navision. What are you refering to?
  • Options

I have never heard of anything called Navigation tools in Navision. What are you refering to?
  • Options
    Pooja wrote:

I refer to the matrix controls's arrows to either move forward or backward in the dataset1: the columns. Because you navigate trough the dataset, I just called it navigation tools.
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    Thanks Sog for all the Help =D>

But is there a way to export all the columns in excel instead of only 32 columns at a time...as users will not agree to use Navigation Tool ](*,)
  • Options
    Have you exported it to excel?
    And what do you mean, users won't use navigation tools to examine the entire set? Do your users never use a scrollbar, or a button to go to a next page? Because that is exactly what you are claiming now.

What you seem to miss is that the design of that matrix replacement page is control design.
    It does not corrolate to the data itself. If an export was buildin, it would not export just 32 columns, but would export all the columns.
    |To-Increase|