Report/Showoutput

thomasrottlerthomasrottler Member Posts: 6
edited 2001-10-01 in Navision Financials
I have a report with multiple sections for the some dataitem. Based on a field value sections are printed or not (controlled through SHOWOUTPUT). It seems even if SHOWOUTPUT = FALSE, the space will be taken away. That means even only one of the section is printed and lets say five sections are not, I am getting a page break with having a almost empty page.

Comments

• John_TegelaarJohn_Tegelaar Member Posts: 159
    You should make sure there's no white space between the controls in the section and the "bottom" of the section. The report skips the controls when SHOWOUTPUT = False, but doesn't ignore the blank space.

John
  • QuasimodoQuasimodo Member Posts: 45
    There might be another reason. I had a client, where neaerly each invoice had one or two empty pages printed out. Reason: they put the cursor somewhere below the last line and for Navision this means, a text-line, and this line is activated then and Navision is printing down to this line, producing a page break and empty pages.

Michael
  • John_TegelaarJohn_Tegelaar Member Posts: 159
    Michael,

This is not the case with the standard invoice (shipping note, etc.) of Navision. There's a small piece of code in the SalesInvoiceLine OnPreDataItem that makes sure no empty lines are printed. This is that piece of code:

MoreLines := FIND('+');
    WHILE MoreLines AND (Description = '') AND ("No." = '') AND (Quantity = 0) AND (Amount = 0) DO
    MoreLines := NEXT(-1) <> 0;
    IF NOT MoreLines THEN
    CurrReport.BREAK;
    SETRANGE("Line No.",0,"Line No.");

Be sure to copy it if you have to make your own report (for the customer).

John