Options

Item Master Record View / Edit Error

bsfartiyalbsfartiyal Member Posts: 110
edited 2013-09-02 in NAV Three Tier
hi

i getting a new error, when i go through item list and find the item it appear in list but when i click for edit / view it giving error as " The record that you tried to open is not available. The page will close or show the next record" after then message appearing click OK then item card is open, but that item we can't take page??

i check through SQL query that item i can't find in Item table.

What is problem and how to rectify kindly help.

regards

B.S.Fartiyal

Comments

• Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I had a customer who managed to get trailing spaces at the end of a few item numbers.
    NAV trims trailing spaces when it tries to get or modify the record, so it always failed.
    A direct SQL query would have to include the trailing spaces or you could use [No_] like 'ABC123%' in your query statement or a range.
    Tabs can also have bad effects.
    These are typically caused by updating tables directly outside of NAV.
    If you bring it up in a SQL edit mode, look for trailing spaces at the end of the item no.
    If this is your problem, you will need to see if the same item no. is references in other tables.
  • Options
    davmac1 wrote:
    I had a customer who managed to get trailing spaces at the end of a few item numbers.
    NAV trims trailing spaces when it tries to get or modify the record, so it always failed.
    A direct SQL query would have to include the trailing spaces or you could use [No_] like 'ABC123%' in your query statement or a range.
    Tabs can also have bad effects.
    These are typically caused by updating tables directly outside of NAV.
    If you bring it up in a SQL edit mode, look for trailing spaces at the end of the item no.
    If this is your problem, you will need to see if the same item no. is references in other tables.

I very well versed with SQL and NAV Field space system. Problem is different
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    So you are saying, that you see an item in the item list but, that item is not in the item table?
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    So you are saying, that you see an item in the item list but, that item is not in the item table?

yes , not all item some. when user search the item, these are appear but click on that item list card then raise error after click OK item card has open, but when check in SQL these item are not found

I can't under stand what type of this problem.

regards

B.S.Fartiyal
  • Options
    ryancairnsryancairns Member Posts: 40
    Hi - just wondering did you work out the solution or what was causing this? We are having the same problem in NAV 2013 with the item list.

Thanks
  • Options
    wakestarwakestar Member Posts: 207
    I'm having this issue on the sales order list :?
    MessageBox: "The record that you tried to open is not available. The page will close or show the next record"
    After I click on OK the record disappars from the sales order list.
    When I reopen the sales order list... the record is there again...

Any suggestions?

Update:

got it... different filters, different data on rec :whistle:
  • Options
    mohrizkimaulanamohrizkimaulana Member Posts: 9
    I found same notification message "The record that you tried to open is not available. The page will close or show the next record." while creating new Customer, Bank Account, and so on.

what I've tried just open "Marketing Setup", play clicking my mouse and just close that page.

and, Solved!

Regards,

Rizki