Options

Error in Sales Order WS: Object reference not set to an ...

panadollpanadoll Member Posts: 4
edited 2013-04-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I am writing a web application to create sales order into Nav 2013 via web services. I had published page 42 Sales Order as a pre-requisite.

However, when i tried to create a new item line into new/existing sales order, it will throw an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". This error only happens to certain testing companies which my client had created. The rest of the database are working fine. I tried to create the item line manually in Nav RTC and everything is fine.

These are the steps of my customization
1) create a new empty sales order line first
2) call service.update(ref salesorder) to commit the changes
3) checked nav 2013 rtc and the new empty line is created.
4) assigned the line type ="item" and item number ONLY to test out whether NAV is saving the item line.
5) call service.update(ref salesorder) again to commit the changes. This time round, it throws back the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" after some processing in the web service call.

I had tried the following solutions but it does not solve the problem
1) re-compile all the objects in Nav Development Environment
2) tried to enabledebugger in NAV2013 service and tried to attach process to the page 42 in my web application to debug. But it is not able to drill into the update service for the sales order object.

Is there anyway i can find out what went wrong inside the web service? Or has anyone encountered a similar issue? Been trying and trying but still cant get it solved.

Thanks in advance.
Penelope