Options

NAV 2013 - Language Mix in Ribbon

BettinaBettina Member Posts: 22
edited 2014-09-03 in NAV Three Tier
Does anybody know, why the language in the ribbon of my client is a mix of German and English?
I've installed NAV 2013 with Hotfix 34475 and german language modul. I tried to use Cronus and developer licence, NAV-user with SUPER- and BASIS-Permission Set. It's always the same.
Thanks in advance for your ideas!

Answers

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    We had caption issues in NA version as well and MS had released a new set of objects and new captions. I would find out if it's the same case for DE version.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    fred69fred69 Member Posts: 16
    Anything new about this problem ?
    We are facing the same problem with a French version, the ribbon shows a mix of French and English actions.
    We had no problem until the day MS asked us to use a new build (in order to get rid of another multilanguage problem in the Financial reports where the system wasn't able to translate the field "Period Filter" from "Year/Month/Day" to "Année/Mois/Jour").

I fear the only solution we have so far is to wait for another build ?

Thanks in advance !
  • Options
    BogdanVBogdanV Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I'm also having this problem and it is bugging me for quite some time. Has anyone found any solution regarding this matter? [-o<

Best regards,
    Bogdan
  • Options
    MonstaMonsta Member Posts: 38
    It seems to me that those captions were not created in NAV development environment. Instead, they were defined in RTC using page customization. So you need to translate NAV 2013 user profiles.
  • Options
    lassej5lassej5 Member Posts: 3
    edited 2013-05-29
    We are having the same issue. Does anyone have a solution to this?
  • Options
    thegunzothegunzo Member Posts: 274
    We have seen the same issue in the Icelandic version, but not on all servers and not on all services on the same server.
    http://www.dynamics.is
    http://Objects4NAV.com
  • Options
    danielleedaniellee Member Posts: 6
    Ribbon translation issue try:

1) I'm trying to translate NAV 2013 to CHT, and find "language mix in ribbon" issue on page 5 currency.
    2) So I delete all Personalization and Profile Configuration data in NAV.
    3) And stop NTS, build Server Application Object and start NST again
    4) I found it works on my page 5! And some customized group disappeared on ribbon. (ex. Report, Send-To, Exchange Rate)

It's may not the solution you want! But it is the way I use on my language pack.
  • Options
    BettinaBettina Member Posts: 22
    Sorry for late response ...
    Now, after Installation of update rollup 3 (Build 34902), the problem is solved. I think it was a problem with the RTC. The ribbon of the page was okay if I opened it from "menu 1" and if I opened the same page from "menu 2" I had the "language mix".
    Finally I take this problem to chapter "Fun with the RTC".
    Thanks for all your input.
  • Options
    BentMJensenBentMJensen Member Posts: 1
    I struggled a lot with this problem and the solution was a mix of two solutions i found Googling the problem.

Step 1: Delete [User Metadata]
    Step 2: Pick a ProfileId that is not <blank>

Remember to backup your data before you try this solution [-X

Use at own risk :)

Regards

Bent
  • Options
    guiyoteguiyote Member Posts: 12
    Try to set an "profile ID" and "language ID" to the current user! This fix the promoted traslation button.
  • Options
    martinjordtmartinjordt Member Posts: 18
    Hi all,
    You need to rebuild server application objects and then restart the nst - worked for me :-)
    /Martin
  • Options
    CaponeCapone Member Posts: 125
    Now I found the solution to my problem, different languages in the rolecenters.

We were given the database from our partner with their addon data. This database was a general database that they use to demonstrate the addon for international partners. Meaning, they ran our swedish localized version of NAV but the "cronus data" was W1.

This means that all localized country specifik data were W1 (english). Country specifik data is profiles and charts (are there any more?).

So in order to fix my problem I have to export/import the profiles from a Swedish cronus and import it in my new db. The same goes with charts.
    Oh, don't forget to change your profile to the newly imported one :wink:
    Hello IT, have you tried to turn it off and on?
    Have you checked the cables?
    Have you released the filters?

http://www.navfreak.com