Options

NAV2013:Export&Import Table of Data Common to All Company

superpuzsuperpuz Member Posts: 53
edited 2013-04-08 in NAV Three Tier
All,

How we can export and then import object Table 2000000004 to 2000000203 to fob format?

I've exported all objects from NAV 2013 for upgrade process from NAV 2009 R2 to NAV 2013. When I import the fob, those tables are not there to replace the existing table.

The database actually works (I can open the database from windows clients and open some random pages and reports) but for those table, it has different version list and properties from the standard NAV 2013.

I wonder if there are any other way to make the tables exactly equal to the NAV 2013? or Is this the consequence of upgrade proces.
Regards and Thanks,

Superpuz

Comments

• Options
    yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi superpuz,

You need to merge 2009 and 2013 first (If you haven't merge it.). After that merged text file import to your 2013. I did this way but i don't know why i can't see in import object list when i import 2000... object using "fob" at 2013.

Best Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    If your database is not too big for a NAV restore, you could start a NAV 2013 database with Cronus which gives you all the system data, then restore your NAV 2013 companies into it.
    (You could exclude the Cronus companies.)
    Otherwise you will need to go through the upgrade guides and see how to load the new system data.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh167695(v=nav.70).aspx
    For some of the system tables, it looks like you will need to export out of the NAV demodatabase and then import into NAV 2013.
  • Options
    superpuzsuperpuz Member Posts: 53
    yukon wrote:
    Hi superpuz,

You need to merge 2009 and 2013 first (If you haven't merge it.). After that merged text file import to your 2013. I did this way but i don't know why i can't see in import object list when i import 2000... object using "fob" at 2013.

Best Regards,
    Yukon

Thanks, it works :)
    davmac1 wrote:
    If your database is not too big for a NAV restore, you could start a NAV 2013 database with Cronus which gives you all the system data, then restore your NAV 2013 companies into it.
    (You could exclude the Cronus companies.)
    Otherwise you will need to go through the upgrade guides and see how to load the new system data.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh167695(v=nav.70).aspx
    For some of the system tables, it looks like you will need to export out of the NAV demodatabase and then import into NAV 2013.
    The table (not the table data) is in question here. But it has been answered by previous post. Thanks anyway.
    Regards and Thanks,

Superpuz