Options

Error From Restoring?

QuickWEQuickWE Member Posts: 80
edited 2013-04-09 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All Expert

Please help me for restoring the error occur following the picture , How to solved this?

Thanks Advance for every replies =D> =D>

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Base Unit of Measure field in Item table is Code type so which should have all the data in UPPERCASE.
    but as shown in figure you have small letter in "My" (y), I guess you have imported the data using Dataport etc.

You need to write a query in SQL or a report to Change the Value to UPPERCASE
  • Options
    Base Unit of Measure field in Item table is Code type so which should have all the data in UPPERCASE.
    but as shown in figure you have small letter in "My" (y), I guess you have imported the data using Dataport etc.

You need to write a query in SQL or a report to Change the Value to UPPERCASE

Thanks mohana_cse06 for your replies but this is database from customer and I can't remoted to get the new backup. How can I solved this problems by used this .fbk file?
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Change that value in the Item Unit of Measure table to eg. "M3" or "M2". Then you can create a fbk file again and restore it on SQL.

Or use this tool, Field Check v3 to find illegal characters or dates.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    QuickWE wrote:
    Thanks mohana_cse06 for your replies but this is database from customer and I can't remoted to get the new backup. How can I solved this problems by used this .fbk file?
    Restore it in a fdb file, do the data conversion, and create a new backup file.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    QuickWE wrote:
    Restore it in a fdb file, do the data conversion, and create a new backup file.

Many thanks for "Luc Van Dyck", I will try your ways.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I don't know if this is an import issue, It looks to me more of a collation issue.

Before restoring the FBK go into FILE DATABASE ALTER - Collation tab
    set
    validate collation to NO
    Case Sensitive to NO
    Accent Sensitive to NO

Also make sure you have the correct Collation selected for the language

then try to restore.

NOTE This does not mean it is fixed, but at least you know what the issue is, and don't run the database live like this unless you know what you have done and the effect it will have.
    David Singleton