Options

disable/hide search (ctrl+f3) in navision 2013

hery_halimhery_halim Member Posts: 53
edited 2013-10-14 in NAV Three Tier
Hello friends,

is there any way to disable / hide the ctrl+f3 (search) function in RTC ?

we are considering to disable this function so that user cannot do any page search.

Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I don't think this is possible.

Just out of curiousity, why would you want that? We (the community) fought very hard to get this feature in the RTC.
  • Options
    Hello mark,

i agree that this feature is very useful.

but for some basic users, we just want them to use the menu in navigation pane. No need for them to do any page search.

as this is also a request from our client. i think they feel safer when their users can't do any search.
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Ah, now I see what you mean with search. Sorry, I thought you meant the new find feature in NAV2013.

The object search depends on your access to the menusuite object. It only allows users to search for objects they have access to. So if you setup your security roles properly you should be ok.

Hope this helps, sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    I'd like to answer this myself. After working a few month with Navision i am getting familiar with the User interface.

Basicly, what i want to achieve is how to hide some pages from the client. The client is not supposed to be able to search this pages either. Let's say the 'Chart Of Account' pages. Some Users should not be able to open this, nor search for this.

Yes, we cannot hide the search. But we can do customization in role center.

We can do this also in Configuration Mode

How to: Open the RoleTailored Client in Configuration Mode
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd354992

From there we can delete the Departments in spesific role center.

The Search page now will only lookup to pages which we define in HomeItems (check it in Page Action of the role center in development environment).

i think this way will be easier, compare to we have to set up so many security filters.

Hope this also can help others.

ps. : please correct me if i'm wrong. Thanks
  • Options
    Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    Helped me out for NAV 2016 :)
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.