Options

Custom Number Range

jimmyfjimmyf Member Posts: 103
edited 2013-04-04 in NAV Three Tier
How do I apply for my own custom number range so that I can develop my own addon for NAV?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    1. Register as a partner
    2. Study the CfMD documentation
  • Options
    Hi Mark
    thanks for your reply.
    I actually work for a partner however we have never applied for our own number range before.
    What is the CfMD documentation?
  • Options
    If you work for a partner then you should log into partnersource and investigate the CfMD program.
  • Options
    Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    Do as Mark says and you should find what you need. There is an Excel sheet that needs to be filled out to apply for the granule to be assigned. It's a two step process...fill out and send the initial application (worksheet) then Microsoft will assign your object range. Then the rest of the Excel sheet can be filled out with the details on exact tables, pages, etc. you want allocated.

Once the granule is created, there is now a nice administration tool in VOICE for partners to update object assignments themselves. We've been using it and it works well.
  • Options
    Hold on! Stop! Wait!

Also investigate the entire CfMD program and learn that having a custom number range, it means a mandatory sales target for your solution.

Investigate the whole story.
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your advice, I will investigate the CfMD program as advised.