Options

Microsofy Dynamics NAV Add-In for Excel

Ravi_Prakash_GoyalRavi_Prakash_Goyal Member Posts: 72
edited 2013-03-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I am getting following error while Sending Item List to MS Excel in NAV 2013.

Microsoft Excel
Caption values are not included for some fields in the data source. Column names may not be translated. Customs Group Distribution Channel
OK

I found that this is happening because of Microsoft Dynamics Add-In installed and attached to MS Excel. When I remove this Add-In, I am able to export Item List successfully (but without any NAV specific formatting). I checked there is nothing specific mentioned in "Caption Class" , "Caption" or "CaptionML" property of above fields "Customs Group" and "Distribution Channel" in Item table as well as in Item form.

I am using MS Excel 2010.

Is this a known issue with MS Dynamics Add-In or something is wrong with my fields.

Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    Ravi_Prakash_GoyalRavi_Prakash_Goyal Member Posts: 72
    I figured out the problem - CaptionML property was blank for the mentiened fields. I defined captionML in ENU and it resolved the issue.

It seems like a requirement for exporting to excel, otherwise I can leave it blank for my fields and it still shows up in a RTC Page.
  • Options
    taith69taith69 Member Posts: 6
    getting the same message
    Caption values are not included for some fields in the data source

there is any tool to create the captionML tag for every field where is empty?
  • Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    Hey Ravi,

As error explains, This issue might be because of the Caption Class OR CaptionML as Caption Class dynamically changes the name of the column and CaptionML is Caption Multi-language which translates the caption of the field to a certain language which you specified in Caption ML.
  • Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    taith69 wrote: »
    there is any tool to create the captionML tag for every field where is empty?

You could try Export-NAVApplicationObjectLanguage from the Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Model.Tools in PowerShell. The parameter -DevelopmentLanguageId does what you are looking for.