Options

NAS language changed after Build update

einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
Hi guys,

we installed several NAS based on the same installation folder. There's no language subfolder installed within that installation folder and we use a developer license that contains all languages.

Normally English (ENU) was the default language to display errors and warnings in Event Log / Job Queue Log Entries. After we did a Build update (from 2009 R2 32384 to 2009 R2 34087) all the messages turned to German. Although the German language package isn't installed and the stx and etx files were not touched by the update.

The Server language is German and the Service User language is also German. So, I would assume that NAS starts also in German. But why did that work in the former Build? Especially when NAS connects to a database that hasn't got German in its license?
"Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."

Comments

  • Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Did anyone come across this? I mean it's somewhat similar to this topic http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=57861, but this isn't in 2013 and the application doesn't crash, it just throws the messages in the wrong language.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    I think it's because the first NAS starts using German language and when it shuts down this language is saved to the zup file. Afterwards all subsequent NAS use this language although the license stored in database doesn't allow it. Can anyone confirm this behaviour?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Still struggling with this issue. Anyone who knows anything about it?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,125
    I think it's because the first NAS starts using German language and when it shuts down this language is saved to the zup file. Afterwards all subsequent NAS use this language although the license stored in database doesn't allow it. Can anyone confirm this behaviour?
    I can't confirm, but you can test it out: delete the zup file and then start a NAS that does not allow German. According to your proposition it should run and consequently shut out the German one.

    The following hints taken from the Outlook Integration Installation & Setup Technical White Paper, section Localization Tips might be of some help:
    To align the version and country codes specified in the license (.flf) and system text (.stx) files
    with the localization used, follow the steps below:
    1. Copy fin.stx from the C/SIDE Client subfolder named after the language code to the
      Application Server and OutlookAddin folders.
    2. Copy Cronus.flf from the C/SIDE Client root folder to the Application Server folder.
    3. Copy Cronus.flf from the C/SIDE Client root folder to the OutlookAddin folder. In the
      OutlookAddin folder, delete the old fin.flf file.
    As a result, the correct license and system text files will be located as follows:
    Of course, the outlookAddin folder does likely not apply to your situation, but the information that the license placed in the folder as well as the fin.stx file are relevant.
    Take note, also that in a German client installation, there is a fin.flf Version W1, Country Code DE in the client folder and another one Version DE, Country Code DE in the DEU subfolder of the client.
  • Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Thanks for your reply. I tested in the meantime if it's related to the zup file but it looks like that's not the case. I deleted the zup file but it still throws the error messages in German.

    I know all that stuff about NAS and outlook integration. But we don't want to install one NAS for each and every language we use. Additionally we don't want to store our different license files to special install folders. That's too much effort for the installation team. I mean this should work somehow as it does in the normal client.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
Sign In or Register to comment.