How to use breakpoint in triggers?

funjafunja Member Posts: 2
edited 2001-09-26 in Navision Financials
How to use breakpoint on triggers?

[This message has been edited by funja (edited 13-08-2001).]

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,499
    This forum is for posting ready made tips & tricks. You can use the other forums for posting questions.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479

Unfortunately it does not work. It has not worked since the DOS version, but no one knows why.
    David Singleton
  • SamsoniteSamsonite Member Posts: 10
    What do you mean by does not work?
    When you activate the debugger and have breakpoint on triggers activated it stops atleast in the first trigger right?
    How else would you say that you can come into debug mode?

If you activate the debugger and unactivate the breakpoint on triggers it only stops for errors.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Singleton:

Unfortunately it does not work. It has not worked since the DOS version, but no one knows why.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Johan Emilsson
  • stampestampe Member Posts: 48
    Is it possible to set a breakpoint in for example a codeunit and then run the codeunit and get Navision to go into break mode when the breakpoint is reached. The only way i now to set breakpoints is when then code stops because of an error, then you can set a breakpoint with F9
  • SamsoniteSamsonite Member Posts: 10
    You can make navision stop at a certain breakpoint you set.
    but you need to set the breakpoint in debug mode...

That means for example if I want to stop at a certain place in codeunit 80 when i post a sales Order i have to:
    1. goto the sales order.
    2. Switch on the debugger and also the breakpoint on trigger.
    3. press F11 to post the sales order
    4. now...you will have to press F5 to continue going through the code step by step until you get into codeunit 80.
    5. once youre in it you can find your place and toggle your breakpoint.(F9)
    6. then you can switch of the "breakpoint on trigger" option in the menu and press F5 to "relase the program" and it will stop at your breakpoint.
    Johan Emilsson