Options

G/ L entry sql server error

FreakyFreaky Member Posts: 125
Please guys I need your help on this one I am replicating nav data from one nav database to another on sql server 2005. But when I try to run the replication data on the G/L Entry for instance I get error message:

8171,"42000",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Hint 'noexpand' on object 'dbo/....Entry$VSIFT$10'is Invalid.

8171,"42000",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Statements(s) could not be prepared."

Please can any help me resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    rafalrafal Member Posts: 23
    I think you don't replicate all needed data - for a flow fields purposes you need to replicate V_SIFT too. V_SIFT data are stored in SQL Views - please remember about it.

You must replicate all data betwen databases (including Views)
    Rafał
    http://www.nav.info.pl (The first polish blog about Microsoft Dynamics NAV)
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    A more basic question would be why are you trying to replicate data? Are you sure it's the right solution?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    Guys sorry for the late reply.

@Rafal I tried your approach but I still have the same error.

@bbrown the reason why am replicating data is to get Navision data from one SQL server to another and in case one crashes we can switch to the other without delays. Please what do you recommend as the right solution in case this does not work.

Thanks in advance guys.
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    The exact solution for your needs is a deeper discussions. But have you looked at clustering, mirroring, or log shipping? I would look to those as FT/DR solutions, long before I'd consider replication.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    Thanks bbrown I will try mirroring, log shipping or clustering and see whether that solves my problem. Currently am trying the mirroring approach.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    IbrahimIbrahim Member Posts: 4
    I had the same error. I had to remove the secondary keys in G/L Entry Table, saved and complied. Then, I re-created the secondary keys and the SumIndex Fields and it worked.
  • Options
    pkandapkanda Member Posts: 1
    edited 2018-07-28
    Navision creates Views and indexes the views, please note that apart from the index sitting at the tables, there are also indexes within the views. Use SQL Object explorer, Database->Views->Open View-> Open Index, then create the index for that view there. The noexpand option that is used when doing query with views expects that the columns referenced in the views have been indexed within the view.

CREATE UNIQUE CLUSTERED INDEX [VSIFTIDX] ON Your_view

(
    Columns Go here
    )
    WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF......etc)