Options

Problem connect to sql server -Installing the Three Tiers

hery_halimhery_halim Member Posts: 53
edited 2015-08-31 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

I am trying to Install the Three Tiers (Nav 2013) on Three Computers.(NAVSQL, NAVSERV, NAVCLIENT) but i got error.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

A fatal error occurred. The connection to SQL server cannot be established or is no longer usable. This can be caused by one of the following reasons:

* The server has been shut down manually or because of an error.
* The SQL server connection settings are not correct
* A network failure has occurred.
* A hardware failure has occurred on the server or on your computer.

Try again later or contact your system administrator.
OK

i was following the steps from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 70%29.aspx

also i have tried
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 70%29.aspx

1. enable Named Pipes and TCP/IP in SQL Server ,
2. Starting SQL Browser Service ,
3. also make sure that the network service (security on sql server )user mapping already have the $ndo$navlistener in the navdb default scheme.
4. i have also make sure the permission DDLreader, ddlwriter, and ddladmin checked.

But still the NAV Server cannot read to SQL Server.

Any other suggestion ?

thanks before

Comments

• Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi Hery,

After changing properties of SQL Server did you restarted the SQL Server Services and NAV Services?

can you please Paste the information from the Event Viewer.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    Hi Saurav,

Yes, i have tried restarted the sql service.

Below is the event log :
    Server instance: DynamicsNAV70
    Session type: UnknownClient
    Session ID: 0
    User: NAVISION2013\Administrator
    Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.Exceptions.NavCSideException
    Remappable: True
    ErrorCode: 22924076
    ErrorNumber: 52012
    ModuleNumber: 93
    SuppressMessage: False
    FatalityScope: None
    A fatal error occurred. The connection to SQL server cannot be established or is no longer usable. This can be caused by one of the following reasons:

StackTrace:
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnection.HandleDeadConnection(SqlException sqlException)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnection.MapException(Exception exception, NavSqlCommand command)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnection.ExecuteAction(Action action, NavSqlCommand command)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnection.OpenConnection()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnectionScope..ctor(NavSqlConnectionPool connectionPool, Boolean requireNewConnection, TransactionType transactionType)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnectionScope.Create(TransactionType transactionType)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavUser.GetAllUsers()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavUserCache.RefreshList()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavUserCache.TryGetNavUser(Func`2 match, NavUser& user)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavUserAuthentication.InternalAuthenticate()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.NSServiceBase.ValidateAndCreateConnection(ConnectionRequest connectionRequest)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.NSServiceBase.OpenConnection(ConnectionRequest connectionRequest)
    Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Ncl
    HResult: -2146233088

Another error before that :
    Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
    ClientConnectionId: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
    Class: 20
    LineNumber: 0
    Number: -1
    State: 0
    Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
    ErrorCode: -2146232060
    Message: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
    StackTrace:
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, Boolean withFailover)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, TimeoutTimer timeout, Boolean withFailover)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, TimeoutTimer timeout)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnection.ExecuteAction(Action action, NavSqlCommand command)
    HResult: -2146232060

I can Open the Sql server from the SQL Server Management Studio, also i can open the nav development env. with sa password.
    But of course, i can't run a page, the error is :
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment
    There are no NAV Server instances available for this database. You must ensure that a NAV Server instance is running and is configured to use the database before you perform this activity.
    OK

Thank you for your help Sourav.

Best Regards,
  • Options
    Hi hery,

I think the issue is due to the Firewall.

Just for testing can u switch off the firewall and try after restarting services.

If its done i will provide you the port that need to be enables in Firewall.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

• Options
    hi saurav,

i have turn off the firewall. below is the pictures.

Also i check the event log again, and get this errors.

First
    =====
    Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
    ClientConnectionId: 68236cc4-0cef-4141-86fb-3001ce494a3f
    Class: 14
    LineNumber: 65536
    Number: 18456
    Server: 192.168.0.140\SQLNAVISION
    State: 1
    Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
    ErrorCode: -2146232060
    StackTrace:
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, TimeoutTimer timeout, Boolean withFailover)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, TimeoutTimer timeout)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
    HResult: -2146232060

Second
    ======
    Fatal Sql error. The connection can no longer be used

Third
    ====
    Server instance: DynamicsNAV70
    Session type: UnknownClient
    Session ID: 0
    User: INTERNAL\Administrator
    Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.Exceptions.NavCSideException
    Remappable: True
    ErrorCode: 22924076
    ErrorNumber: 52012
    ModuleNumber: 93
    SuppressMessage: False
    FatalityScope: None

StackTrace:
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnection.HandleDeadConnection(SqlException sqlException)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnection.MapException(Exception exception, NavSqlCommand command)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnection.OpenConnection()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnectionScope..ctor(NavSqlConnectionPool connectionPool, Boolean requireNewConnection, TransactionType transactionType)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnectionScope.Create(TransactionType transactionType)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavUser.GetAllUsers()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavUserCache.RefreshList()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavUserCache.TryGetNavUser(Func`2 match, NavUser& user)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavUserAuthentication.InternalAuthenticate()
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.NSServiceBase.ValidateAndCreateConnection(ConnectionRequest connectionRequest)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.NSServiceBase.OpenConnection(ConnectionRequest connectionRequest)
    Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Ncl
    HResult: -2146233088

Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    Hi,

can you try changing the credential to Domain Account in Service insted of Netowrk Network Service.

Let me know the results.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

• Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Is your Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server [DynamicsNAV70] running ?
    Plz. check it in Services .
    Now or Never
  • Options
    edited 2013-02-22
    hi bbrown,

Yes, i have tried it.

hi navuser1,

Yes, i have started the services.
  • Options
    hi saurav,

it works if i use domain account. (see attach pictures)

But, if it can, i don't want to use AD in the implementation, since my client don't have AD in their environment.
  • Options
    navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    hery halim wrote:

But, if it can, i don't want to use AD in the implementation, since my client don't have AD in their environment.

follow this link : Hope this will work for NAV7 too
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/201 ... ctory.aspx
    Now or Never
  • Options
    Thanks navuser1
  • Options
    MBrodie1979MBrodie1979 Member Posts: 21