Options

Problem using NAVUserPassword in 2013 for authentication

Excepti0nalExcepti0nal Member Posts: 74
edited 2013-11-12 in NAV Three Tier
I followed this blog because I am trying to use NAVUserPassword authentication instead of the default windows authentication. I get the error listed below when trying to login though. Anyone have an suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    borntobewildborntobewild Member Posts: 12
    I did have the same problem and I did was delete all certificates I created and perform the steps again. Now it works properly.

I used this link:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/es-es/library ... 70%29.aspx
  • Options
    Excepti0nalExcepti0nal Member Posts: 74
    Thank for the reply, sorry Im so late. I am going to try this on one of my test databases and I will let you know if I can get it working.
  • Options
    superpuzsuperpuz Member Posts: 53
    hi!

I get the same error after following the steps from msdn and log in through a client komputer. some said that I need to install the root CA and its revocation list on client's computer. It's done but the error presist. I can log in normally w/o error on NavServer's Windows Client.

The credential type I used is UserName. The client computer is on a workgroup while the NAV server is a Domain Controler.

Is this scenario is possible?
    Regards and Thanks,

Superpuz
  • Options
    GeffGeff Member Posts: 22
    superpuz wrote:
    hi!

I get the same error after following the steps from msdn and log in through a client komputer. some said that I need to install the root CA and its revocation list on client's computer. It's done but the error presist. I can log in normally w/o error on NavServer's Windows Client.

The credential type I used is UserName. The client computer is on a workgroup while the NAV server is a Domain Controler.

@Superpuz, did manage to have a work around?
  • Options
    aniishaniish Member Posts: 27
    superpuz wrote:
    hi!

If you are working in a same domain then you can also use UserName credential instead of NavUserPassword.

/Gaurav