Options

TCP/ip error econrefused when creating new server

nostrannostran Member Posts: 106
hi guys,

i've installed navision 4.0 client and navision 4.0 server on a windows xp computer. it is currently a "standalone".

i've created a new console, added the snapin navisionserver.... its "correctly" configured, i.e. according to the manual

when i start the navision application on the computer itself, go to file open server, i get the following message:

" The Tcp/ip connection's 'host' is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONREFUSED) You can see how to make changes to your 'hosts' and 'services' files in the documentation for the network. Contact your system manager if you need assistance"

i've added the line <server name> 3001/tcp in the services file found under c:\windows\system32\driver\etc and xx.xx.xx.xx <servername> in the host file found in the same directory. as specified in installation manual

but unfortunately to no avail.

any help would be brilliant. thanks :shock:

Comments

• Options
    philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    In XP you have a new servertype TCPS, if you can't use it, try to setup a simple TCP, it works.
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light
  • Options
    GoMaDGoMaD Member Posts: 313
    did you change the hosts and service file on the server AND on the client PC?
    Now, let's see what we can see.
    Everybody on-line.
    Looking good!
  • Options
    i tried using the secure tcp and tcp on the mmc console but it makes no difference.
    with respect to modifying the host and services file on the client, that does not apply as it is a standalone computer for the time being, i.e. the i'm trying to access the service on the computer i installed the navision server.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    you are using the name of your PC to connect?

Try enter the loopback IP> 127.0.0.1
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    thank guys for your help,

had to change the options on the navision database manager in the mmc console plus using tcp while opening the database and in the console as well
  • Options
    pedroccdapedroccda Member Posts: 90
    Control in the windows resistry if the navision server service is started with TCP or TCPS! 8)
    Kiki
  • Options
    hi guys,

its me again. i've need to transfer the server to machine running windows 2003.
    when running navision on the server,i manage to connect using the server e.g navisionserver.
    however when i connect from a workstation i'm getting the econ refused etc again.

i've already done modified host and service file, changed the option on the mmc control to full access, the firewall is turned off already.

help most welcome ](*,)
    thanks
  • Options
    nostran wrote:
    hi guys,

its me again. i've need to transfer the server to machine running windows 2003.
    when running navision on the server,i manage to connect using the server e.g navisionserver.
    however when i connect from a workstation i'm getting the econ refused etc again.

i've already done modified host and service file, changed the option on the mmc control to full access, the firewall is turned off already.

help most welcome ](*,)
    thanks

have you choosed the correct net type in client? TCP, TCPS? And configured in navision service?
    Kiki
  • Options
    i'm using tcp
  • Options
    nostran wrote:
    i'm using tcp

Ok and the navision service is started with? Do you checked it in windows registry? If the service is started with tcps you can't connect using tcp, and to use tcps you have to configure it.
    Kiki
  • Options
    thanx kiki,

the cause of trouble was the order in which the port, i.e navisionserver 3001/tcp was not in chronological order, in the services file was defined \:D/

microsoft, they are the best at making everything a challenge, sorry #-o a nightmare rather.