Description in Charts of Accounts

cohencohen Member Posts: 3
edited 2001-09-19 in Navision Financials
Hi,
I have a problem to get the correct description on my charts of accounts when e.g. invoices are booked through the Purchase & Payables, orders & invoices routine.
When these orders/invoices are posted a description in my charts
of account occurs like: invoice 8-011 or something similar.
At invoice entry a description has been keyed like: PC-PIII, 1.1 gb with invoiceno.: 8-011.
If any journal entry is made through the general journal entry
(main page) the description occurs correct in my charts of account.

Sounds familiar ?
Any advise appreciated....

Johannes

Comments

• John_TegelaarJohn_Tegelaar Member Posts: 159
    This question is asked quite often when people have been using that Dutch software package (can't remember the name exactly). Although you can reach all the information you want quite easily by drilldowns/lookups in Navision, the small modification to copy the description along with the postings has been done many times before.

Best advice here is to contact your NSC - surely in Holland they'll know exactly what you mean.

John
  • cohencohen Member Posts: 3
    Hi John, thanks for your reply...problem is..I did not use any Dutch software package before....:-)
    and actually we don't want to "navigate" all the bookings we did
    to see all the details.
    If you print the detial trial balance the only descriptions you get is "invoice no blabla". Strange part is if bookings are made through the general journal entry you get the description keyed
    in the desciption line; so obviously this routine does not use
    "Table 49" but a different routine.
    I will contact NSC for this as you mentioned and let all of you know if you have the same problem.

Thank you,
    Johannes

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Tegelaar:
    This question is asked quite often when people have been using that Dutch software package (can't remember the name exactly). Although you can reach all the information you want quite easily by drilldowns/lookups in Navision, the small modification to copy the description along with the postings has been done many times before.

Best advice here is to contact your NSC - surely in Holland they'll know exactly what you mean.

John
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>