Options

Question about "send link to Desktop"- Hyperlink-F

RalfRalf Member Posts: 15
Hi,
we have different Navision Version installed on our Development-PCs.
Sometime we use the "send link to eMail or Desktop"- Hyperlink Feature.
Sometime the doubleclick start Navision 3.60, sometime Navision 4.0.....
I want anytime start (as example) Navision 3.60.
Where can i do this?

(sorry for my bad english)

thanks in advance
Ralf

Comments

• Options
    whyaskqcnwhyaskqcn Member Posts: 22
    Hi, I too faced the same problem initially. Not sure, but it could be the zup file or installation.... Just sharing how I get over it.

Now, I have several 'icons' identifying different versions on my desktop. Incidentally the various versions are installed on separate folders. I just click the correct icon to start the required version.
    The thing I did is that I created the icons before installing the next version.

One thing to note is that the last database used is saved. Just need to exercise a bit of caution should there be a need to 'preserve' the original version or it might be converted accidentally to the higher version.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    If you point your shortcuts to the right executables, you will notice that the icons for different versions are different as well. You can add parameters for separate zup files into your target. Read the installation guide for more details.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Navision hyperlinks are opened with finhlink.exe. If you look for it in your registry, you can see the path, from whitch is runned... match it with path for version you want to start through hyperlinks....

(HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Navision\shell\open\command)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    RalfRalf Member Posts: 15
    thanx, the Registry-Hack works great :D

by,
    Ralf