Automatic execution of Navision

DurandDurand Member Posts: 61
edited 2001-09-06 in Navision Financials
When I connect on our Navision, I should enter the user code and the password of the first window.

I created an user (LANCESOIR) without password, which can launch only one : special automatic calculation of the accumulations of StatsExplorer report, which should be to execute every day; created so a service under Windows NT which throws(launches) Navision as it this "C:\Program Files\Navision Financials\Fin.exe", with these parameters : “servername=NAVISION,database=\\Navision\fnav\Base_solution\database.fdb,company=Ideaa,id=LANCESOIR”.

It is OK but the system does not go beyond the first window (who asks for the user code and for the password).

has there it a solution to launch automatically Navision with a special user? Thank you.

Benoît
formateur@ideaa.com

Comments

• Lars_WestmanLars_Westman Member Posts: 116
    The ID-parameter is not the userit. It's the name of the zupfile where the user defeined settings are stored. Read the manual for a complete list of commandline parameters.

The thing You should do is to use ExpandIT's Launch Utility. You'll find more info and a demo download at www.expandit.dk

You need some kind of macro player such as ExpandIT's. Otherwise You will not be able to shut down the client after execution is done.

//Lars