Options

List of Basic Navision Reports

Joe_MathisJoe_Mathis Member Posts: 173
It may seem like a simple question, but is there any documentation or a list compiled that lists all the Basic Navision Reports, what they do and what filters work best with them?

](*,) I tried to search the forum and Microsoft before asking but can't find anything. #-o

I have a basic knowledge of a few of them but there are 790 listed in the base Navision 4.0. I only know about 30.

I know that some are processing reports... :-k

So is there a list? [-o<

Thanks in Advance,

-Joe

Comments

• Options
    anthonytbcanthonytbc Member Posts: 1
    Hey did you ever have any luck getting this?

It really would be useful!
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    To be honest, most standard reports are near useless. There are some good ones, Aging Accounts, Inventory Valuation, Customer/Item Sales... but most are rather useless. Even very basic everyday needs used by like every second business like "gimme a list of what I need to ship out today and do I have the stock for them" are not covered.

I believe that at some point MSFT decided that this is typically where partners could easily add value. After all pretty much every customer buys the report designer, giving 100 report slots. And completely new reports don't need merging, easy to install them. So I guess they figured out they will just leave it to partners, to use it as a tool to differentiate themselves.

If I had ever in my life worked at parter company with a long term view and an industry focus but not actually making add-ons, we would have been certainly doing that. Then our sales demos would have been look, the standard can do X, Y, Z and then go to another menu point / department called MyCompany Value Pack and say look if you choose us you get this, and this, and this for free.
  • Options
    Joe_MathisJoe_Mathis Member Posts: 173
    We never did find a list of what they were supposed to do and the best filters. ](*,)

Miklos is right. Customers want their own custom reports for the most part.
    On the other hand, customers usually think "There should be a report in NAV for this already! QuickBooks/Peachtree had it." :mrgreen:

Then you have to go through the reports and figure out which one is close to what the customer wants and change it. :)