Upgrading to NAV7.0 Step 2

NAVFuchsNAVFuchs Member Posts: 76
edited 2014-05-19 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

the page "Upgrade - New Version" (104002) has to be run for the Upgrade Step 2.

But everytime I press "Test Database Connection" I get following Error:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

This message is for C/AL programmers: A call to System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open failed with this message: Die von der Anmeldung angeforderte ' DEV_2013_Konv'-Datenbank kann nicht geöffnet werden. Fehler bei der Anmeldung.
Fehler bei der Anmeldung für den Benutzer 'NT-AUTORITÄT\SYSTEM'.
OK

The Navision Server runs under NT-AUTORITÄT\SYSTEM. I think it has all rights to connect to the database, but something is missing and I do not now what.
Does anybody have a hint?

Comments

• postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    HI,

Try these -

1) stop the Navision service.
    2) change the credentials to domain user name and password for your windows login.
    3) Start the Navision Service.
    4) Try running the page again.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Torben_R.Torben_R. Member Posts: 99
    Are you working on a standalone computer?

The SQL connection is looking in the Active Directory.
  • NAVFuchsNAVFuchs Member Posts: 76
    Yes I am working on a standalone computer for testing ugrade processes, but I need it also for the customer, so
    I check it out with Domain User.

But I also need a Solution for a stand-alone environment.
  • Torben_R.Torben_R. Member Posts: 99
    I ran into the same problem and after talking to an SQL expert we concluded that upgrades have to be executed on a testserver with access to AD ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) (unless you don't have data in the purchase line table - it's the part of the upgrade where the connection is used)
  • BardurKnudsenBardurKnudsen Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 137
    Parts of Step 2 of the upgrade tool execute SQL statements directly on the SQL server for performance reasons - which is also why there is a 'Test Database Connection" action. Therefore the user (you) have to have full (dbo) permissions to the SQL Server. The details are documented in the upgrade help.
    Bardur Knudsen
    Microsoft - Dynamics NAV
  • radek.bbradek.bb Member Posts: 49
    Never mind :)
    Radek
  • NAVFuchsNAVFuchs Member Posts: 76
    I got the mistake. Before I run Step 2 I moved to SQL2012 which is a different instance and you have to change the Value to the instance which I didn't not recognise.

Thanks!
  • alex32alex32 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

i have an error, that is a bit different:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

This message is for C/AL programmers: A call to System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open failed with this message: Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden (ENGLISH: System cannot find the file specified)
    OK

Any ideas?
  • alex32alex32 Member Posts: 3
    Problem solved:

In the field "SQL Server Name" you have to type <Hostname>\<NameOfSqlServerInstace>
  • leugimleugim Member Posts: 93
    alex32 wrote:
    Problem solved:

In the field "SQL Server Name" you have to type <Hostname>\<NameOfSqlServerInstace>

hi all

i have this issue and i would like to know where is this option, so, please, could you be a little bit more explicit?
    i mean, which table is this field in?

regards
    alex32 wrote:
    Problem solved:

hi all

i have this issue and i would like to know where is this option, so, please, could you be a little bit more explicit?
    i mean, which table is this field in?

regards

Should be on Status Log Table (Nº 104002)