Options

Windows 8 and NAV 2013 Beta - Dashboard

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
edited 2013-04-11 in Download section
Windows 8 and NAV 2013 Beta - Dashboard
Suresh Kulla and Michael Heydasch worked as a team to develop a dashboard in the Windows Store style (formerly known as "Metro") that communicates with NAV 2013 via web services. This app was designed to be used on mobile devices to empower mobile users. This app used software technologies not available yet for sale to the general public (as of 9/13/12).

This app was submitted as an entry in the Directions 2012 Innovation Award contest.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRyyEB_tg0U

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1508

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• Options
    BlackBirdBlackBird Member Posts: 52
    What a great contribution!

I want to try this out, but i can't get the webservice ../Codeunit/TileSummary to work. The others are working fine.

Codeunit 50003 is published as webservice TileSummary and i can reach it without any errors, but Visual Studio thinks this statement is wrong :'TileSummary_PortClient TileSummaryServices = new TileSummary_PortClient(webServiceHelper.GetNAVBinding(), new EndpointAddress(baseURL));

I get the following error
    'Error 4 The type or namespace name 'TileSummary_PortClient' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)'

I can't find any reference to TitleSummary.

What could be the problem?

Any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    dynavicsdynavics Member Posts: 5
    Great app, but useless.

As Microsoft does not allow to install Win8 Apps beside the Win8 App store.

One might say, there is a "side-loading" option which does allow to install the Software without using the app-store, this is not really an Option for most companies as:

The device must run the ENTERPRISE EDITION of Windows 8 and be joined to a Domain
    or
    The company must purchase MAK licenses for each device. Such a license is $30 per device - which would be a kind of OK - but Microsoft sells it in 100 packs only.

So for a small company which wants to just develop a highly specialized app which only makes sense for this special company, it is not affordable to run Windows 8 Metro style apps.

So ....
    .... nice Project, but useless.