NAV 2013 web client not accessible from client machine

Stefan_MStefan_M Member Posts: 6
edited 2014-06-17 in NAV Three Tier
I followed this walkthrough on MSDN to setup a three server environment with Dynamics NAV 2013.
So I have one machine (in a hyper-v environment) each for database, nav server and web server component.

When I open a browser on server NAVWEB I can call the web client, but if I try it on a client machine (windows 7, ie 9, all machines in the same domain), I get this error in the browser:
A server error occurred, and the content cannot be displayed. Refresh the page or open a new browser window.

And this message in the event log on server NAVWEB:
Message: A server was not found at “net.[url=tcp://navserver:7046/DynamicsNAV70/Service]tcp://navserver:7046/DynamicsNAV70/Service[/url]”. Either the URL is incorrect or the server is currently not available.

Searching mibuso, I already found this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh997105%28v=nav.70%29.aspx

I checked everything suggested there, but I still can't call the web client from anywhere else but the server.

So, I am a little bit out of ideas.

Further suggestions would be appreciated, perhaps someone successfully did a 3- or 4-tier-setup already?

Comments

• MrJackalMrJackal Member Posts: 29
    Hi,
    Try replacing the navserver with the ip address of the machine you have the service tier on ?

Thanks
  • Stefan_MStefan_M Member Posts: 6
    Ok, I tried replacing navserver with the ip.

Result: I get the same error messages on NAVWEB, too. No change on the windows 7 client.

When switching back from IP-address to server name, I had some problems to get back to the previous state.

When I reconfigured to server name at first I typed just "navserver", but with that it didn't work either. Same situation like with the ip-address.

Then I reconfigured again to what I believed was the original version, so I typed "navserver.ourdomain.local". Again nothing worked.

I reconfigured once more and now I wrote "NAVSERVER.OURDOMAIN.LOCAL". Now it works again from NAVWEB but still not from a client machine.

So, is there some weired case sensivity involved?

BTW: the last version (that works on the server only) conforms to the way the servername is written in the SPNs that were configured for delegation...
  • larrytolentinolarrytolentino Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

I'm facing the same issue here. Web client works on local computer but failed in Active Directory user. Stefan_M, have you solved this issue?

Thanks.
  • yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi,

You always hit below error message if your installation is Web Client Tiers on Three Computers (web server and nav server). Web Client only access from Web Server but cannot access from client PC. So just install Navision Service on your web server and Web Client config point to your Web Server's Navision instance.
    A server was not found at “net.[url=tcp://navserver:7046/DynamicsNAV70/Service]tcp://navserver:7046/DynamicsNAV70/Service[/url]”. Either the URL is incorrect or the server is currently not available.

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy